Votes

ability to modify DTIM (Delivery Traffic Indication Message) interval

Votes

2023-08-25 17:03:42 - last edited 2023-10-02 14:29:11
Tags: #Wifi settings

In some case I.E. some Espressive devices or the Nuki smart lock 3.0pro, the DTIM interval can improve stability and performence for connection.

Unfortunately, the default one is not the best for these kind of devices.
Having the ability to modify it could help improve user experience and allow avoiding disconnection issues.

Could it be possible to add a setting to modify the Delivery Traffic Indication Message interval in the Deco app?

Sources:
ESPHome FAQ about frequent disconnection issues.

Also the Post 27 in the topic about firmware 3.7.x beta in the Nuki developer forum, because I cannot post any link I can only summarise where I find this information.

Options
11 Reply
Re:ability to modify DTIM (Delivery Traffic Indication Message) interval
2023-08-26 06:31:59

As a precision, for Nuki Smart Lock 3Pro it would really avoid a lot of disconnections.

It is a recommendation from Nuki themself and for Home Assistant users, it would avoid a lot of breakage in automations which depends to lock status, also log is spammed because the lock disconnect then reconnect to MQTT because of these disconnections which does not occur using some other Wi-Fi solutions.

Options
2023-08-28 10:55:27

@Nardol 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Sorry for the delay. I did get your system logs. They might be mixed up with other APP logs and I failed to sort it out and forward it to the engineers. The engineers are also short of hands these days and I really appreciate your time and patience with us.

As for the DTIM interval, I barely heard of any feedback about it. However, I saw a reply, also on Deco M5 a few days ago. Did you try to request the same thing?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/274402?replyId=1243544 

@RobertFernandes , Sorry I noticed you have deleted this reply and I just temporarily borrowed it to see whether Nardol meant the same feature. Thank you in advance.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-08-29 08:39:42

@David-TP sorry I am not sure about the answer you are refering to.
Maybe it is because of accessibility (I use screen reader) and the focus is not placed directly to the post.

So I cannot tel you if the suggestion is the same.
IIRC I posted a reply to talk about the same when I talked about my Nuki smart lock, in the topic about 1.7.1 asking if it could be implemented and I thought it could be reasonable to do it as a feature request instead of a lost reply in a long forum topic.

Maybe we are not a lot to have read the ESPHome FAQ :) and before Juerjen from Nuki talk me about adjusting it I did not ear about it which is not a good thing as it looks this parameter could improve some situations with IOT device especially powered by battery.

Options
2023-09-07 08:46:11

@Nardol I am on the same boat. Deco M5 causing constant disconnects for my Nuki SmartLock 3.0 Pro and some ESP32 devices. It started with upgrading from 1.6.5 to 1.7.1. I had to disconnect SL3PRO from WiFi at all since it was totally unreliable. TPlink please fix that.

Options
2023-09-07 09:09:38 - last edited 2023-09-07 09:13:02

@betelgeuse I hop there will be more votes for the suggestion, else we will stay with our issues...
I should have a remote session with TP-link support to try to understand better the situation but if the solution is DTIM I am pessimistic.

For ESP devices, the sollution looks a little better by disabling mesh for these devices. But I have not tested enough to be sure it is really improving the situation enough.

Options
2023-10-02 14:30:36

I've removed model and version, because I really think this feature would benefit for every models, not especialy for M5.

Options
2023-10-11 00:13:38

Oh boy, even more reasons not to get the Deco X75 for me.
Smart devices don't seem to run well with Deco mesh routers at all.

Options
2023-10-11 12:53:54

@DennisSchmitz55 I would nuance by saying it should work better. Because in my case it is usable but some settings are missing to make thing really reliable.

Options
RE:ability to modify DTIM (Delivery Traffic Indication Message) interval
2024-01-29 10:05:52
I also really want this feature
Options
RE:ability to modify DTIM (Delivery Traffic Indication Message) interval
2024-03-03 20:42:47
Need IT for nuki device
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 902