Ping / Portforwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ping / Portforwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ping / Portforwarding
Ping / Portforwarding
2023-08-30 21:15:10 - last edited 2023-08-31 03:18:45
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230523 Rel. 60824

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue where I am unable to ping my Deco X50-5G from the internet.

Is there a way to enable this feature?

(The Deco is connected through 4G to the internet.)

I also find it strange that the WAN IP (Internet Status) is a local IP like 10.X.1.192 instead of the IP I get from whatismyipaddress.

I have added a port forwarding rule in the advanced settings, but it doesn't seem to be working at all.

Are there any security settings that need to be adjusted to enable this?

Additionally, is there a way to test if the port forwarding is functioning correctly?

I really appreciated the setup page on my old TP-Link routers. Why was a less user-friendly app introduced while the well-functioning classic setup page was removed?

Kind regards,

Nils

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ping / Portforwarding -Solution
2023-08-30 22:42:51 - last edited 2023-08-31 03:18:45

@ANils 

If your WAN IP address is like 10.X.1.192 that means you're behind double NAT - once from your ISP and twice from the Deco.

Contact your ISP and ask if you can receive your public IP address on the Deco WAN port - only then your port-forwarding will take effect.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Ping / Portforwarding -Solution
2023-08-30 22:42:51 - last edited 2023-08-31 03:18:45

@ANils 

If your WAN IP address is like 10.X.1.192 that means you're behind double NAT - once from your ISP and twice from the Deco.

Contact your ISP and ask if you can receive your public IP address on the Deco WAN port - only then your port-forwarding will take effect.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Ping / Portforwarding
2023-08-31 03:23:09

@ANils 
Hi, many 3/4/5G Carriers often use CG-NAT service that shares a single unique public IP address with multiple services to allow providers to extend their pool of usable IPv4 addresses.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 2

Related Articles