ER7206 v1 will not adopt in Omada Controller
I have spent hours and hours trying to adopt this new ER7206 router I have purchased into my Software Omada Controller
Controller software version 5.9.31, running on raspberry PI, with 3 EAPs connected fine for many months.
This is what happens when I try to adopt:
- Press Adopt, fails at first, enter username / password, fine
- Device changes to "PROVISIONING"
- Device changes to "CONNECTED"
- Device changes to "CONFIGURING"
At this point, I can still ping the router IP address.
After a minute or so
No longer can ping the router, internet drops
After a few more minutes,
- Device changes to "ADOPTING"
Then I am stuck. It just sits there.
The only way back from here is a factory reset of the ER7206.
I did manage to successfully adopt at least once tonight, BUT when I went to change the DHCP IP range from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1, everything died, DHCP would not give an IP. Factory reset after that. Multiple attempts to adopt again, all failed like above. Updated firmware from 1.1.1 to the 1.3.0 mentioned above, still no dice.
I have tried with and without setting a router password the first time it launches.
Both still fail.
- When setting up, I've kept it to minimal devices on the router (ie. disconnected my EAPS and wifi devices), only a couple of phyiscal devices connected
- Raspberry PI Controller IP address allocated via DHCP from the router, and on the same subnet (i.e. router IP 192.168.0.1 and controller 192.168.0.x)