All Deco DSLs incompatible with Zscaler

All Deco DSLs incompatible with Zscaler

26 Reply
Re:All Deco DSLs incompatible with Zscaler
2023-10-20 21:11:00

@SimonGA I'm still not sure where the working firmware version is, was it a DM from @David-TP? 

If so @David-TP I would be willing to give it a go or a newer version if available?

Options
2023-10-20 21:35:08
Yes it was a message from David. I’ll send it to you in a message as he doesn’t seem to have replied to you…
Options
2023-10-21 10:10:08

@SimonGA Thanks got it, is the an EU version (i'm in the UK)? - there does seem to be a new version which I will try out and report back - Deco X73-DSL(EU)_V1_1.0.10 Build 20230810

Options
2023-10-21 12:11:22 - last edited 2023-10-21 12:12:02

@dandyfop I'm in the UK and haven't noticed any problems. I've tried a newer version (via automatic update) but it doesn't have the fix - confirmed by David-TP...

Options
2023-10-23 08:24:27

@SimonGA it's on the downloads page - doesn't seem to have reached auto updates yet - https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/deco-x73-dsl/#Firmware

Tested the newer firmware (Deco X73-DSL(EU)_V1_1.0.10 Build 20230810) and doesn't fix xscaler for me - actually seems to make it worse. Hope they will sort it out properly soon, but back it goes for my unfortunately.

Options
2023-10-23 08:43:36

@dandyfop The newer firmware definitely doesn't work, TP-Link confirmed this. You have to use the version I sent you.

Options
2023-10-24 14:36:46

@SimonGA @David-TP,

I can confirm that I have the same issue with Deco X60 hw ver V3.0 (FW ver. 1.2.4).    It works fine in DHCP mode but when using PPPOE to connect to my new ISP, i have unusable connection with my wifes work laptop using Zscaler Version 4.   BTW, DHCP mode is not really an option as my ISP router is terrible and i really need to keep it in bridged mode.

Is there any pre-release firmware i can try for the Deco X60 HW ver. 3.0?   

I am willing to try anything at this point... it took me 4 months of discusssions with my ISP and my wife's IT department to finally realize that this is a problem with my Deco X60 (quite embarassing :)) 

Options
2023-10-24 15:52:12

@JordanKelly I guess @David-TP will need to confirm if there is firmware available for the X60, as far as I'm aware the version he gave me is only for the X73.

I also spent many hours with my ISP before I realised it was the Deco. It's frustrating that TP-Link are taking so long to release a fixed version of the firmware to everyone. Zscaler is used by thousands and thousands of companies and the number of people that must be pulling their hair out around the world must also be in the thousands. I'm happy that I have a fix but even ignoring that I'm not getting security updates or new features, I do really feel sorry for the people reaching dead ends in frustration with their ISPs and Company support teams. You just don't expext a major router manufacturer to not work with one of the biggest corporate VPN providers...

Options
2023-10-24 22:06:02 - last edited 2023-10-25 03:12:43

@David-TP 

what is the plan for other Deco, like the X20? Any firmware update planned?

I have spent countless hours with my IT department and ISP, and finally found that I'm not alone... This problem needs to be taken seriously by TP Link and fixed quickly.

Update: I have now returned my Deco and exchanged it for a Netgear Orbi. My laptop with Zscaler is working perfectly.

Options
2023-10-25 03:52:22 - last edited 2023-10-25 04:30:38

@Vic824 

Hi, Victor, Thank you very much for the update. I also received your email reply just now.

During previous troubleshooting with users, the engineer has successfully identified the issue. However, the beta fix hasn't been implemented across all models. Currently, the beta firmware for Deco X73-DSL/Deco PX50_V1 has been confirmed useful by the users and for other reported models, we are still waiting for more positive feedback.

I wish I had sorted out your initial support ticket. Therefore I have just created a new post and will keep the community users updated on the progress of resolving the issue at the earliest time.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your understanding and support.

Options
Related Articles