AX3000 Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router lacks lag free fluid navigation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-03 06:13:57
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230627 rel.39033(5553)

I have recently purchased the TP-LINK Archer AX53 AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Gigabit Router from Amazon. I was using Archer C80 before this one. I am noticing that navigating through the Web GUI and the Tether app for AX53 is very slow and sometimes unresponsive. The performance of the router is also not satisfying. It randomly drops devices from a Wi-Fi connection and sometimes I have to manually re-connect them again.

I am not sure if it is a hardware issue and it can be fixed via a firmware update or if this is how AX53 generally performs.

If anyone can help me to fix the issues that would be great.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX3000 Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router lacks lag free fluid navigation
2023-09-04 11:24:03

@User0001 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. For the web UI and Tether App slow issue, may I know how many client devices are usually connected to the router and what are they? 

If you restart the router, will it solve the problem?

2. For the WiFi disconnecting issue, please confirm if wireless connection disconnects at all client devices at the same time, or random devices disconnect at one time.

Are both 2.4G and 5G WiFi having the disconnecting issue? Please try to change the WiFi channel and channel width on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page to see if it helps.

By the way, wired connections are always working fine, right?

Options
Re:AX3000 Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router lacks lag free fluid navigation
2023-09-04 18:46:16

@Sunshine 

1. Maximum 3 client devices are connected at any point of time. One tablet, one mobile and one Laptop. And restarting does not solve the issue.

2. Random devices disconnect at one time.

Random disconnect issue is happening for both 2.4 & 5 Ghz networks. I have tried using the 'Network Performance Optimization' from the Tether apl to solve any channel related issue but it didn't help that much.

Sometimes wired connections are also dropping. But it's much less than the wireless one.

Options