Deco X55 and VR600 v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X55 and VR600 v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X55 and VR600 v3
Deco X55 and VR600 v3
2023-09-04 12:51:59
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I was looking at setting up the Deco X55 Mesh I'm trying to avoid NAT on NAT on NAT as I have Cable broadband in router mode, is this the best way to go ??

I do have a VR600 v3 with which I use the IPSEC VPN for remote connection to another site which I'd like to keep but it's not essential.

Should I ditch the VR600 and just use Deco X55 as a main router connected to the cable modem which may be simpler but I'd lose the VPN or keep the VR600, turn of it's Wi-Fi and use the Deco Wi-Fi ??  I was thinking of getting a Deco X55 3 pack to ensure coverage but is it too many components with the Deco set and VR600.    Is there a better/more elegant solution ??

Thanks for any help  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X55 and VR600 v3
2023-09-04 13:58:42

@Garry_C999 

For "regular folks," my recommendation would be to run cable broadband in router mode and Deco mesh in Access Point mode. Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

As for VR600 v3, that's up to you if you want to keep it or not. That won't make the difference for Deco mesh.

If you have IT background and don't mind troubleshooting your own home network and cable broadband issues: configure broadband device in modem mode, have Deco mesh running in default Router mode, get rid of VR600, and investigate VPN server/client features of Deco X55.

Options