RE705X EU V1.0 connection drops after 1.1.4 firmware upgrade

RE705X EU V1.0 connection drops after 1.1.4 firmware upgrade

15 Reply
Re:RE705X EU V1.0 connection drops after 1.1.4 firmware upgrade
2024-03-07 08:38:15

@Kevin_Z 

I updated the AX73 firmware (1.0.12) as soon as it came out, but unfortunately nothing happened. No other devices near the extender are connected. I reset it to factory defaults several times yet nothing happened. I just wish l could go back to an earlier firmware version. It worked fine when I bought it...

Options
2024-03-07 18:00:24 - last edited 2024-03-07 18:01:42

Hello @Kevin_Z,

| Are you also using Archer AX73 and RE705X?

No, I have a product from a different brand, the Xiaomi Mi Router AX1800. 

| If you remove the RE from the network, is the 5G wireless of the AX73 stable?

I haven't felt any difference in terms of stability and performance on the source device (AX1800). Quite stable.

| How about the LEDs on the RE705X when the 5G drops?

LED for 5G is gone when the drop happens, all other 3 LEDs are fine and I can connect 2.4Ghz but not 5G.

----

The drops are happening randomly and the source device has no issues before, during, or after the drops. It's so hard to debug and re-produce the issue for my side. Is there any possibility for us to see the logs for the RE705X in an application or in a UI? I could not find it in the iOS Tether mobile app.

Thanks,

Tarik

Options
2024-03-08 11:54:38

MMXTHEDUDE wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I updated the AX73 firmware (1.0.12) as soon as it came out, but unfortunately nothing happened. No other devices near the extender are connected. I reset it to factory defaults several times yet nothing happened. I just wish l could go back to an earlier firmware version. It worked fine when I bought it...

@MMXTHEDUDE 

Thanks very much for the update.

As mentioned by David and the firmware release note, there is no way to restore or downgrade to the previous version at the moment. But please don't worry about it, we will help escalate the case to our support engineers, who will be able to investigate this issue further.

Before that, can you please help confirm if you're using an EasyMesh connection between the AX73 and RE? Have you tried to disable the EasyMesh on the RE to check the connectivity?

As per the details you've provided, the issue you're experiencing is not the same as that reported by trktrktrk. Your RE is connected stably to the AX73 without a drop. Can you please login to the web management page of the RE to help check the signal strength of the host router as well as the RX and TX rate on the Status page (you may find that by hitting the host router icon)?

Options
2024-03-08 12:01:25

@Kevin_Z 

I am indeed using OneMesh. I won't disable it, OneMesh being the reason I bought TpLink in the first place.

Thanks for the support, hope a new firmware update is on the way.

Best regards,

Serban

Options
2024-03-08 12:01:50

trktrktrk wrote

Hello @Kevin_Z,

| Are you also using Archer AX73 and RE705X?

No, I have a product from a different brand, the Xiaomi Mi Router AX1800. 

| If you remove the RE from the network, is the 5G wireless of the AX73 stable?

I haven't felt any difference in terms of stability and performance on the source device (AX1800). Quite stable.

| How about the LEDs on the RE705X when the 5G drops?

LED for 5G is gone when the drop happens, all other 3 LEDs are fine and I can connect 2.4Ghz but not 5G.

----

The drops are happening randomly and the source device has no issues before, during, or after the drops. It's so hard to debug and re-produce the issue for my side. Is there any possibility for us to see the logs for the RE705X in an application or in a UI? I could not find it in the iOS Tether mobile app.

Thanks,

Tarik

@trktrktrk Thank you as well for the details.

As replied to MMXTHEDUDE, I believe you're reporting a different issue but can you please also help check the signal strength and RX/TX rate of the host router? What is the distance between the RE and the host router? If the signal strength is not good or excellent, it's suggested to relocate the RE and move it closer to the host router to receive a better signal from the host.

You can also try modifying the 5G wireless signal of the host router to find one that gets less interference with your neighbors. Make sure you can have a dedicate 5G signal in the location of the RE on your phone or other wireless clients.

Options
Related Articles