Votes

Deco Config Backup and Restore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-07 00:29:41
Tags: #Poor software
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have read that you cannot backup and restore the config on these units which I find crazy. At this price point every other vendor has this functionality.

What is the plan to have this addressed.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Config Backup and Restore
2023-09-07 03:22:22

@RohanB 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

This feature request has been mentioned several times before and so far, there hasn't been a final conclusion of it.

Deco is a little bit different from the standard router, after a factory reset, it actually did not have a web management UI until it was set up first. while for standard Wi-Fi routers, like our Archer Wi-Fi routers, you could log into the web UI directly after a factory reset without setup and import the backup file.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco Config Backup and Restore
2023-09-07 04:44:06

@David-TP  Hi David thanks for the response but if you have port forwards and many address reservations it would make sense to be able to import them back after you get through the basic config.

You could setup a dummy config then import you file which overwrites what you have setup then reboots and you have you old config setup or you could just make the harder to reinput parts exportable and importable 

Like port forwards,static routes,address reservations, block lists

or I am guessing you store it all in the cloud so make that exportable and importable 

That cannot be that hard

Thanks Rohan Brown

Options
RE:Deco <span class='search-highlight'>Config</span> Backup and Restore
2023-10-11 09:54:17
must have!
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 413

Replies: 3

Voters 3