Deco E4 connexion very unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-14 12:05:49
Tags: #stability
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

I've been using 4 TP Link Deco E4 for my mesh wifi network for more than 2 years and never had much issues but since a little bit less than a week the network is totally unstable, with bandwidth drops or worst, total lost of connexion from my device to the Deco E4.

What's happening:

I'm using my device and suddenly I lose the connexion. If I check the settings, I'm still connected to the device but there is no network connexion available. After a couple of minutes, switching on and off the wifi connexion of my device, it's back to normal. When I try to access my network setting while this issue happens, the Deco app only says "We couldn't find Deco", even if my devices says that I'm connected to the network.The more the time goes by and the more frequent this issue seems to happen.

I know for a fact that the issue doesn't come from my internet provider (Starlink) as I've been closely monitoring my wired connexion and that there is no stability issues there.

Here's what I tested so far:

• All E4 devices are up to date
  • Rebooting doesn't change anything
  • Issues happen with all types of wireless devices (phone, tablets, laptops, etc...)
  • Using the network optimization feature on the app doesn't solve the issue
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco E4 connexion very unstable
2023-09-15 07:35:59

@Tddvsn 

Hi, are there satellite E4 units all wirelessly connected to the main E4?

• It would help improve the network stability if they are connected via Ethernet Backhaul.

Have you tried to factory reset Deco E4 once and set it up from scratch to see whether it helped?

It is also suggested to manually separate the 2.4 GHz from 5 GHz: Enable the guest network for 2.4 GHz only and leave the main Network on 5 GHz.

Please also turn off "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Also, disable "Mesh Technology" for the wireless devices that drop out frequently.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 1

Tags

stability
Related Articles