Bluetooth not being detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-18 05:39:00 - last edited 2023-09-27 09:46:32
Model: Archer TX50E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello I just got this wifi adapter but Bluetooth doesn't seem to work 

I also tried to connect the USB pin header in my motherboard but as soon as I connect in the only connector I could find it my PC doesn't turn on, no sign of life

My pc is Optiplex 9020 MT 

Anybody knows the solution?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Bluetooth not being detected
2023-09-18 11:42:45

@AbdullahY 

Hi,

The Bluetooth feature relies on the USB connection. It won't work without it.

From own experience I know that computers usually shut themselves off when they detect a short-circuit condition on one of the USB ports.

Have you checked there is no visible damage on the USB cable?

Would it be possible for you to make clear photos of the USB cable that came with the TX50E and also the USB header on your PC's motherboard and post them here?

Options
2023-09-19 03:01:23

@woozle 

Options
2023-09-19 09:29:40

@woozle 

I have posted the pictures of my usb header and the usb port on my motherboard 

Options
2023-09-19 18:10:21

@AbdullahY 

Ok thanks. I think I see what's the problem here.

The USB connector on your cable appears to be wired [ black | green | white | red | key ].  ("key" means the blocked hole)

Please re-check this by yourself from a better angle.

However, that is completely wrong. It should be wired [ red | white | green/yellow | black | key ].

Below is a photo of the same cable on my computer's AX200 Wi-Fi with Bluetooth card.
Here is also a link to a Google search that will show you more pictures of such cables and connectors for you to compare with your cable.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=566667171&q=9-pin+usb+header&tbm=isch

I'd say you have two options now.

Either return the TX50E to the seller and ask for a replacement or fix the cable by yourself and then see if the card still works. The decision is yours.

Rearranging the wires of the USB connector is actually not difficult. Just use something like watchmaker's tools to gently release the small hook that prevents each contact from slipping out on its own (like shown on picture below). Then pull on the wire to remove it from the connector. When you insert the contacts back into the connector in the proper order make sure you have the contact in the right direction that allows the hook to latch the contact properly.

By the way, the red wire (+5V power) and the black wire (Ground) being reversed is likely the reason why your computer wouldn't power on when the cable was plugged in.
It can't be ruled out that the TX50E may have suffered some damage when the computer was trying to power on, but I think chances are good that your TX50E is still fine, because often such electronics are equipped with reverse polarity protection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 419

Replies: 4

Related Articles