Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 08:13:49 - last edited 2023-10-16 08:25:31
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20230829 rel. 37304

Morning everyone, I am wondering if anyone can throw any light on an issue that I have recently started having.

On Sunday night I updated the firmware on my Archer AX73 via the Tether app, this update was to Firmware version 1.0.11 Build 20230829 rel. 37304, on Monday evening when I got in from work my wife advised that working from home had been a struggle as she had experienced a number of issues with the internet, her main gripe was that it was very slow, the kids also said it had been slow, so I logged into the router and rebooted it. This is when the problems seemed to start.....

Upon rebooting the router it seemed to get stuck in a boot loop, continually cycling the lights on the front, after a while I pressed and held the reset button on it and went though the quick config to get it connected to my ISP (Kcom) this was about 7:30pm on Monday, the router then remained stable until about 7am Tuesday morning, at which point it started to boot loop again.

I disconnected the router, threw the Kcom provided Zyxel router in to action and left for work, bringing the AX73 into the office with me, when i got to work I manually re-flashed the router with the latest firmware, input the details for my connection at home, set up the DHCP range and the wifi settings, I left the router sat on my desk and it stayed on all day, I even gave it a couple of reboots to see that it started up ok, which it did. 

I took the router home, plugged it in and everything was working great, that was until I set up my TP-Link RE605X range extender, initially I plugged in the range extender near to my router and re-paired it using WPS, I then moved the range extender upstairs and within 2 minutes my AX73 rebooted, I powered off the range extender and the router remained stable, I moved the range extender back downstairs and powered it on again, the AX73 remained stable all night (through Tuesday into Wednesday) before leaving for work this morning I relocated the range extender back upstairs and left for work, 2 minutes after leaving the house my wife rang to say the internet was off and the AX73 was boot looping so i got her to put the Zyxel router back on and power off the TP-Link kit.

I know there's a lot of detail above but I really want to get this sorted, as an IT Manager the more info I have the easier it is to get issues resolved, has anyone come across this sort of thing before ??  I am leaning towards the problem being caused by the RE605X Range Extender, on two occasions, when it has been moved further away from the router the router has started to boot loop.  Over night, when the router has remained stable (Monday night and Tuesday night) no one will have actively been using the range extender, though there will have been devices connected to it, such as the kids echo dots, not sure if that is useful information or not.  I have noticed that the 2.4Ghz Wifi light appears to be switched off on the range extender despite both 2.4 and the 5GHz connections being turned on. 

My plan for tonight is to reconnect the AX73 but not the range extender, and advise or insight would be greatly appreciated. I noticed in the firware notes that "Easymesh" has been added to the AX73 firmware, i am wondering if this couldbe causing an issue in some way. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?-Solution
2023-10-16 08:22:40 - last edited 2023-10-18 06:48:41

DannyRS wrote

@Sunshine Morning all - so, the good news, the router has been running for 72 hours now with no issues, so it does look like the beta firmware has resolved the problem between the Archer and the range extender. 

@DannyRS 

Hi, thank you very much for the update, and really happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. Hope you could enjoy the internet with our product.

If anyone else still has similar issue, please refer to the solution in this thread and also let us know if the issue can be resolved or not.

Archer AX73 V2 might reboot automatically when working together with some Range Extenders

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
68 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?
2023-12-20 01:42:52

dogshome wrote

@Sunshine any fixes for this? I have 100% reliability with the old versions, 0% with the update and 50% with the beta.

@dogshome 

Hi, new official firmware has already been released, please check for update on the web GUI or Tether App. Or you could also download Archer AX73(EU)_V2_1.0.12 Build 20231023 manually from TP-Link official website:

Firmware Download for Archer AX73 V2

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?
2023-12-19 21:36:32

@Sunshine any fixes for this? I have 100% reliability with the old versions, 0% with the update and 50% with the beta.

Options
2023-11-20 06:33:19

@dogshome 

Hi, do you mean you have enabled reboot schedule on the AX73 V2, and after the scheduled reboot, the router will be in bootloop?

Or the router stays on but loses internet? what about the LED Status?

Options
2023-11-20 06:17:44

@Timmy200202 

Hi, RE600X has range extender mode as well, here is the specification of RE600X V3:

It is still recommanded to update the beta firmware of Archer AX73 and let us know if it resolves the problem.

Options
2023-11-19 08:45:23

I'm still having problems. It failed after monthly reboot. I set it to daily and failures happen most times. 

Reverting back to the old version (before beta and last OTA) as it was 100% reliable then.  😞

I'll revert the 315 firmware at the same time, as I'm not convt if it's just the router firmware causing issues.

Options
2023-11-17 13:26:20

@Sunshine when looking on tp link website I come across that the 600x doesn't have extender capabilities on its wireless modes specs? Left side 700x right 600x I've just bought another 700x see if that solves my problem. 

Options
2023-11-17 03:30:29

@DannyRS 

Thanks for the update, let us know if there is any further issue, hope everything goes well and stable.

Options
2023-11-16 11:56:29

@Sunshine I've just loaded up the latest Beta firmware, after it had loaded up and the router restarted I did delete the pairing with the range extender and then re-pair them, just so I didnt hit any stumbling block. 

Options
2023-11-16 10:08:33

@Timmy200202 

Thanks a lot for the feedback, did you try the beta firmware in this thread on AX73 V2: Archer AX73 V2 might reboot automatically when working together with some Range Extenders?

Options
2023-11-16 09:59:22

@Sunshine I'm having the same issue the re600x is the issue!  I have the 700x that is perfect. So last night the network went all down left it see if it would sort itself out it didn't! 

as soon as I unplugged the 600x the network came back and has been on for a while. I think there's a problem with the lower range extenders as I never have a problem with the 700x. 

Options