Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
68 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?-Solution
2023-10-16 08:22:40 - last edited 2023-10-18 06:48:41

DannyRS wrote

@Sunshine Morning all - so, the good news, the router has been running for 72 hours now with no issues, so it does look like the beta firmware has resolved the problem between the Archer and the range extender. 

@DannyRS 

Hi, thank you very much for the update, and really happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. Hope you could enjoy the internet with our product.

If anyone else still has similar issue, please refer to the solution in this thread and also let us know if the issue can be resolved or not.

Archer AX73 V2 might reboot automatically when working together with some Range Extenders

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?
2023-10-26 11:33:26

@DannyRS Having same issue after firmware update.
Installed previous firmware and no issues

Options
Re:Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?
2023-10-26 11:47:00

@Neshboy12  I've had two outages many hours apart after upgrading to the Beta software. However, I've also had BT digging up the road and have not been in front of the router when it happened. It certainly isn't repeatedly crashing like it was before withh the last regular update.

There was also a regular update for my 315 expander that I applied now having rolled that back with the router when I initially had the problems. 

I'll see over the next couple of weeks and report back. If I don't report, it's all good!

Options
2023-11-03 01:06:34

@dogshome 

Hi, may I know if the AX73 auto reboot issue still exists now or not with the beta firmware installed?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-03 03:30:13

@DannyRS 

I've had no issues since installation of the beta yes

Options
2023-11-03 07:10:54

@dogshome 

Great, glad to hear that. Hope you could enjoy the internet.

Options
2023-11-11 14:25:00

@Sunshine I just wanted to pick this threat up again. So today we had a minor power cut. It lasted about 60seconds, after this the router had become unstable again. 
Initially it went into a boot loop. Restarting a good half a dozen times over a period of about 10 minutes. It then seemed to stabilise, but, nothing could connect to the WiFi. As soon as I manually told my iPhone to connect, the router restarted. This happened twice. I then "forgot" the wireless network on my phone and rejoined it. All seemed ok for a couple of hours. It then randomly rebooted again, after rebooting the Tether app on my phone told me a new device had joined the network. But speaking to the wife and kids they didn't rejoin anything or add anything new. 
so it seems there is still a bug somewhere in the firmware. From what I have seen today it seems to be WiFi related. 

Options
2023-11-11 14:40:30
To be brutally honest someone needs to contact me directly, not via the forums. In all the years of running Draytek appliances both at home and at offices around the UK I have honestly never had these sort of instability issues. The device is not reliable and I am not here to do TP-Links beta testing and troubleshooting. I’ve had the device close to a year and paid over £100 for it. Something needs sorting out.
Options
2023-11-11 15:17:24 - last edited 2023-11-11 15:38:11

@DannyRS Hi, very annoying!

I've never had any trouble with TP-Link kit for several years. Which compared to several other bits of mainstream firmware is very good. So this is a blot on an otherwise excellent record for me.

A short blackout or a brownout is almost guaranteed to crash hardware, software or firmware though. That's why we have battery backups on our servers and industrial control systems. I had a UPS here until we got a new power station and sub-station upgrades, as I was always losing HDDs or Windows installs. When it rarely goes off, there is a clean OFF, Time delay and clean ON.

Lots of power outages in the UK recently! I'll bet all sorts of kit has failed....

£100 is cheap for the tech and development. Industrial routers with full support are in excess of £2,000.00 or much more.

They were pretty quick with the Beta, so expect something fairly soon. It might still be a Beta though, it is described as such. You are asking a lot if the mains isn't 100% though.

(I'm not a TP-link employee!)

Options
2023-11-12 15:34:20

@Sunshine  A further update on this issue, after yesterdays brief power outage I am back to the situation that I was in when I created this post, the Range Extender is again causing the AX73 to reboot.  I have checked the router and it is still running the beta firmware 1.0.11 Build 20231008 rel.51124(4555).

Options