Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
68 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?
2023-11-13 03:46:40 - last edited 2023-11-13 06:03:24

@DannyRS 

Hi, did you try to reset the router and extender, then reconfigure them to see if it solves the problem?

Currently, without the extender plugged in, the router could work fine and stable, right?

Besides, I noticed that the current beta firmware for this issue is newer than yours, please download and install the newer beta firmware in this thread to see if it solves the issue completely.

Archer AX73 V2 might reboot automatically when working together with some Range Extenders

According to other users feedback, there is no issue any more after updating the above beta firmware.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX73 Bootloop issue since firmware update - possibly my range extender ?
2023-11-13 13:05:43

@Sunshine I've just deleted the pairing between to two and re-paired. I'll see how that goes. 👍

Options
2023-11-14 02:17:41

@DannyRS 

This is noted, please install the newer beta firmware as well if the issue persists.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-14 13:52:45

@Sunshine just an update - since deleting and re-pairing the range extender using WPS the AX73 has been stable. 👍

Options
2023-11-14 17:37:43

@DannyRS I think the range extender forgets it's part of a mesh and starts working independently. With the same network name and frequency, and probably duplicate IPs. 

That's what it appeared to do before I put the beta in. I guess the short power outage snaked past he 'fix' ?

Options
2023-11-15 11:36:46

DannyRS wrote

@Sunshine just an update - since deleting and re-pairing the range extender using WPS the AX73 has been stable. 👍

@DannyRS Thanks a lot for the update, glad to hear that. To avoid any possible issue, you could also update the newer beta firmware which solved more issues.

Options
2023-11-15 11:42:44

@Sunshine I'm out and about at the moment so on mobile, please can you drop a link to the new beta firmware. 
I see once for the AX55. Will that be the same for the AX73 ? Thanks. 

Options
2023-11-15 12:28:19

@DannyRS 

Here is the download link of the AX73 V2 newer beta for this rebooting issue: Archer_AX73_V2_1.0.11_Build_20231013

It is available in this thread: Archer AX73 V2 might reboot automatically when working together with some Range Extenders

Options
2023-11-16 09:59:22

@Sunshine I'm having the same issue the re600x is the issue!  I have the 700x that is perfect. So last night the network went all down left it see if it would sort itself out it didn't! 

as soon as I unplugged the 600x the network came back and has been on for a while. I think there's a problem with the lower range extenders as I never have a problem with the 700x. 

Options
2023-11-16 10:08:33

@Timmy200202 

Thanks a lot for the feedback, did you try the beta firmware in this thread on AX73 V2: Archer AX73 V2 might reboot automatically when working together with some Range Extenders?

Options