RE215 Crashing the Main Router after the Latest Firmware Update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 13:00:56 - last edited 2023-10-17 11:36:16
Model: RE215  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.23 Build 230418 Rel.60395n

A firmware update was released for my RE215 US/V1 today (20:00 GMT+8, 20-09-2023). After updating all three, they appear as RE315 in the Tether app. It's not an issue, but it's just a weird concern. Now, my problem is these three are connected to my main router (AX73) via EasyMesh (OneMesh no longer found, rebrand?), and every time they connect to it, my AX73 hangs and restarts. Is anyone having the same issues as me? Are there any fixes for this aside from downgrading the RE215 to the older firmware and not updating in the meantime? I have 7 TP-Link routers connecting all four houses I own, but I am now disappointed that the network is no longer working as expected when it used to work fine. Any ideas?

If this matters, I use default router settings and have a HomeSheild subscription on the AX73. Wi-Fi setup is WPA3 all around. I abandoned all devices that cannot use WPA3.

Let me know what else you need to know to help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RE215 Crashing the Main Router after the Latest Firmware Update.-Solution
2023-10-17 11:36:12 - last edited 2023-10-17 11:36:16

Hi @David-TP,

Great news! Vito has responded with a beta firmware for me to test, and that has sorted the issues. I have all three RE215's updated to their latest firmware and the AX73 to the beta firmware I was given, and I have not noticed any reboots or hangs from the AX73. I will give it a few more days, and further feedback will be emailed directly to Vito.

I assume an official firmware will be released soon, so I am marking this as sorted.

Thank you all for helping me out with this.

Kind Regards,

Karl Martin

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:RE215 Crashing the Main Router after the Latest Firmware Update.
2023-09-26 09:31:46

@HAYWIRE 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

EasyMesh is an advanced and widely used technology compared to Onemesh. With the latest firmware update, both RE215 and Archer AX73 now support EasyMesh, making them compatible with EasyMesh-compatible extenders and routers.

For other issues related to the device name and network performance issue, I would like to follow up on your case via email in case I need to consult with the engineers later.

Since there are 3* RE215s, if we only leave one RE215 plugged in, will the Archer AX73 hang and restart again?

Are you able to reproduce this issue in a short time?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-09-26 10:17:55

Hi @David-TP,

I do not understand the email part. Would you like to have my email address?

To answer the additional question you asked, yes. I can easily replicate the problem. I can't be bothered by the name in the Tether app, to be honest. We can skip this one for now.

Say I updated all RE215 to the latest firmware and connected them to the AX73; it only affects one RE215, regardless of whether I connect them all or separately. The mesh also works if I update the non-erring RE215s to the latest firmware and leave the erring one to an older firmware. I do not know why or how it is happening. Let me know what information you need, as I do not know how to sort it now. It's weird that it only affects one of them. I also noticed the other two received firmware updates earlier than this erring one. I opted to wait for all three to show that a firmware update is available before updating. In the meantime, all three are working after I rolled back to a previous firmware version.

Options
2023-09-26 10:44:39 - last edited 2023-09-26 10:49:16

@HAYWIRE 

Hi Karl, Thanks for the quick reply.

It is not limited to a specific RE215, right? I mean whether it is always the last RE215 added to the EasyMesh system that caused Archer AX73 to hang/restart.

And I also came across your comment on another post regarding the number of EasyMesh extenders that can be added to the Mesh routers. This made me wonder if there is a maximum capacity for supported extenders. Additionally, I appreciate your response to my email and the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers. Hope he could help us identify what might be the problem.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-26 20:32:27

Hi @David-TP,

I am afraid it is limited to this specific RE215 as long as this erring RE215 is on the latest firmware and connects to the AX73, the AX73 crashes.

That is why I thought it was a weird case.

Options
Re:RE215 Crashing the Main Router after the Latest Firmware Update.-Solution
2023-10-17 11:36:12 - last edited 2023-10-17 11:36:16

Hi @David-TP,

Great news! Vito has responded with a beta firmware for me to test, and that has sorted the issues. I have all three RE215's updated to their latest firmware and the AX73 to the beta firmware I was given, and I have not noticed any reboots or hangs from the AX73. I will give it a few more days, and further feedback will be emailed directly to Vito.

I assume an official firmware will be released soon, so I am marking this as sorted.

Thank you all for helping me out with this.

Kind Regards,

Karl Martin

Recommended Solution
Options