XE75 Pro V2 - Jitter and intermittent connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-22 15:00:17 - last edited 2023-09-22 15:02:10
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230601 Rel. 66771

Hey folks,

Got some issues with my home network after upgrading from M5s to the XE75 Pro.

ISP:

• Virgin Media (using superhub as modem).

Issue:

• VoiP is increasingly problematic, since we keep having jitter and intermittent connection issues.
  • Affects multiple machines - laptops, desktops, steam deck etc.
  • Online games are affected; rubber banding and jitter with in game and 3rd party comms. 
  • Download/Upload is fine.

Tried:

• Got my ISP to check the line, house visit etc.
  • Reset all three decos.
  • Tried downgrading the firmware but apparently I cannot do that via the web interface or the phone app.

Any ideas would be grand!

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro V2 - Jitter and intermittent connection issues
2023-09-23 01:35:00

@BubbaHubba What wireless band were the online gaming machines connected to?

I have seen devices dropping to 2.4Ghz which is quite slow, even for these typically low bandwidth needs.

Using the client connection preference in the app for the device and setting it to 5Ghz resolved that problem for me.

Options
Re:XE75 Pro V2 - Jitter and intermittent connection issues
2023-09-24 08:56:03

@raven-au gaming machines say 5Ghz, but I have manually changed that on the app; seems to have done something as I was able to do a quick hour session yesterday without much fuss. 

However, I am noticing (now that I'm keeping an eye on the app) that the decos keep dropping connection between each other, despite being in the same locations as my old M5s, that were faultless in that regard.A bit frustrating.

I've switched off beam-forming and mesh for certain devices, will keep an eye on it. No rhyme or reason to it!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 526

Replies: 2

Related Articles