How do I change from FTTN to FTTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-03 10:26:29 - last edited 2023-10-04 09:20:50
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.5.43

Hi

I need a simple step by step please.
How do I change over from FTTN to FTTP on the Deco X20-DSL?  It won't switch over using the DSL cable, am I supposed to use a different cable? If so what type of cable please and then do I change settings within the deco app? 
For clarity it is a modem/router - AX1800 VDSL whole home mesh wifi 6 gateway. 
Thank you. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:How do I change from FTTN to FTTP
2023-10-03 11:10:43

@Boylesway it would help if you describe what you had and what you have now.

Options
2023-10-04 09:18:51

@raven-au 

Thank you for your response...sorry which part do I need to clarify?

Options
2023-10-04 11:21:31 - last edited 2023-10-04 11:23:06

@Boylesway exactly what I asked you to describe.

What was your setup before, yes I do expect you to describe it even if you think it's irrelevant.

What do you expect to use in your new setup, yes, I do expect you to describe what you want to end up with even if you think it's obvious.

Written communication is very difficult to interpret, the situation needs to be spelled out for others to understand what the situation is and what the problem is that people are seeking to solve.

I may well be able to guess most of this but there's no way I'm going to risk confusing you with incorrect information if I'm wrong.

For example there is probably a box installed on your wall where there wasn't one before (or maybe there isn't in which case I have no idea what's going on) and I'm pretty sure that these devices can behave differently with different providers in different countries. Unlike in Australia where they are all from NBN Co., and AFAIK so far, all behave the same.

Also I suspect there are things I don't know for sure, which we will need to address to others in the forum, such as whether those WAN/LAN ports on the Deco unit you posted a photo of will auto-detect the presence of internet as is the case with other Deco units.

Options
2023-10-04 11:34:04 - last edited 2023-10-04 11:35:59

@Boylesway this forum post might apply in this case, give it a read

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 569

Replies: 4

Related Articles