Is it possible to connect to VPN while on local internet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-04 12:00:06
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.4

Hi All,

I have a question.

For management purposes from my serverpark i want to know how i can make it work to connect to VPN while im being at home ( so connect to for example to 192.168.0.1 as VPN server ).

I can access vpn from outside, but not from the inside.

I dont want to work with certain IPranges to be management IP's ( which is definiatly also possible ) because this contains a few security issues.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is it possible to connect to VPN while on local internet?
2023-10-08 01:08:46

@Naldjer 

A simple topology please? That will be much more clearer.

"SY" is a 22-year old boy presenting to the tp-link community with brain empty. Take care of yourself, and be well. Loycechan030
Options
Re:Is it possible to connect to VPN while on local internet?
2023-10-08 02:10:52

@Naldjer 

Naldjer wrote

For management purposes from my serverpark i want to know how i can make it work to connect to VPN while im being at home ( so connect to for example to 192.168.0.1 as VPN server ).

incomplete sentence

make IT work

what do you mean by this? 

the router? the router can connect to a VPN server if it supports. 

at home, in LAN, you want to tunnel to the WAN with encryption and then access the LAN? 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options