New Deco XE75 V2 nodes disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-08 19:11:37
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230601 Rel. 58453

Hi,
So I upgraded to the Deco XE75 3-pack after using 4xM5s at my home. The speed difference is phenominal, however the nodes/satellites disconnect from the main Unit intermittently which is super annoying. They came with firmware 1.0 and I updated the firmware to the lastest as shown in the app after setting them up.

This is highly dissapointing especially when they are almost 2.5-3 times the price of the M5s I had.

I have reset the decos and made my network again but it still has the same issues. Any help would be greatful.Could this be a firmware bug?

Also downgrading from a laptop is not possible as its showing "Upgrade Failed. Please Select the lastest version of the firmware to upgrade"

Options
5 Reply
Re:New Deco XE75 V2 nodes disconnecting
2023-10-09 02:26:01

@asharda 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Downgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.1.1 is crossing different firmware platforms so it could not be completed via web UI directly.

Since it is still unclear whether the disconnection is related to the latest firmware, it would be better if we stay on the latest firmware.

Maybe you could help me check the following details first to see whether we could find the problem.

1. Have you noticed any satellite Deco XE75S turn flashing red?

2. How often would they drop out from the main Deco?

3. Are these two satellite units wirelessly connected to the main unit?

By the way, would they come back to green/online automatically later?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-10-09 19:36:13

@David-TP Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

to answer your questions -

1. When I do notice it, the satellite's led is yellow/orange.

2. I'm at work during the day, so I have noticed they drop out 1-2 times when I'm at home.

3. They are wirelessly connected to the main deco unit. And signal strength is medium on both. They are placed in the same locations as my previous Deco M5s.

and yes, they do come back online after about a minute or so.

Options
2023-10-09 19:39:16
Options
2023-10-10 01:37:01

@asharda 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I would follow up on your case via email and consult the engineer for more advice.

By the way, I noticed you mean the LED on the satellite XE75 is yellow/orange, instead of red and if it is indeed the first color here, it looks like Deco randomly restarted itself which might have caused the disconnection. Would you mind helping me confirm the LED color?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-10-16 19:48:37

@David-TP It was yellow. I was away for vacation and now back. Installing the beta bios and will update logs when it happens again.

Options