The guest network stopped working after updating the firmware to version 1.13.2

The guest network stopped working after updating the firmware to version 1.13.2

17 Reply
Re:The guest network stopped working after updating the firmware to version 1.13.2
2023-12-19 11:24:21

If the problem persists after the factory reset, it's advisable to contact the router manufacturer's support. Provide them with details about the issue and the firmware version you're using. They may be aware of the problem and could provide guidance or offer a solution. If the issue started after a firmware update, consider rolling back to the previous firmware version (if that's supported by your router). Sometimes, new firmware releases may introduce bugs, and rolling back can be a temporary solution until a fixed firmware version is available.

Options
Re:The guest network stopped working after updating the firmware to version 1.13.2
2023-12-19 13:14:22

@Sunshine Thank you, I will wait. Was the issue reproduced?

@benisfroms Thanks but I've already done all that. As mentioned, firmware rollback is not possible. At least not to the older, working versions. Only TP-Link can answer why rollback to older versions is not possible or blocked.

Options
2023-12-20 16:20:59 - last edited 2023-12-20 19:12:56

I've been contacted by support and replied. Meanwhile, I may have some good news. For those users that reported the same problem, please try this:

@toxi @Dobledosis 

Make a backup of your current C80 settings. Consider it a "bad" backup.

Make a note of the C80's default Wi-Fi password and SSID. You will need to connect to it.

Try avoiding a network conflict with your main router: I say this because you will momentarily switch the C80 to Router mode.

Reset all C80 settings to default (go to System / Backup & Restore / Factory Restore)

Connect to your C80's default Wi-Fi network. You may get an internet connection or not, depends on your network configuration and main router. The C80 is in Router mode now.

Whether you get an internet connection or not, proceed below without changing any C80 settings in Router mode.

Only set the time zone, if you can. Do not change any other settings. Now switch to Access Point mode.

After the C80 restarts, check Wi-Fi and the Guest network. If it works, make the settings changes you want in AP mode, and save another backup file, the "good" one.

Let us know what happened.

Options
2023-12-25 03:21:11

@Amiga1000 Thank you very much for the update.

@toxi I've received your backup file, we would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-29 14:46:42 - last edited 2024-02-29 14:47:03

@Amiga1000 

Thanks for the information with the procedure from the support.

This procedure also works on the Archer AX12.

Options
2024-02-29 15:49:19

@FalconFX You are welcome. To be honest, I figured it out myself. Support didn't eventually need to do anything.

Options
Re:The guest network stopped working after updating the firmware to version 1.13.2-Solution
2024-03-01 01:53:47 - last edited 2024-03-01 01:53:51

@Amiga1000 Thanks again for the update.

And if anyone else encounter similar issues, please refer to this thread: Archer C80/C64v1/C6v4 Guest Network in AP Mode Stopped Working after Updating 1.13.2 Build 230824

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options