Internet not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internet not working
Internet not working
2023-10-12 20:52:29 - last edited 2023-10-13 01:24:47
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Cant find it

So recently my Deco light went red.

I presumed it was just kids messing with cords so I re plugged it back in which fixed it temporarily, however the internet was still super choppy. 

The light not long after went red again so I tried a reset of the deco, I then noticed it was an issue as after every reset it went back to red. 

I then tried resetting my modem then the deco to ensure it wasn't the modem playing up. 

I plugged my laptop into the modem via ethernet to ensure it was working and it was. 

Every time I would reset the deco it would create a new network and go red not long after, the set up would seem to go well but once a device connected to the new network it would go red again. 

So now I have multiple networks e.g 

Johns wifi (original has worked for a few years no issue) 

Johns wifi 2 (created on first reset) 

Judys wifi (created on second reset) 

Every time I go into the deco app to check firmware updates it just says "unable to check for update" and doesn't let me know which firmware I currently have, I tried updating manually through downloading the most recent version and going through the tp link site however that also didn't work. 

So now I have multiple networks 

John 

John 2 

Judy 

Which I can't imagine is good or easy for the deco, I  have no idea how to delete, as only the most current version "Judy's wifi" comes up in the app or through tp link or my modem so there doesn't appear to be a way to delete the two John ones which may or may not fix the issue however the issue was there before the multiples networks. 

I currently have a telstra modem previously used as a home modem with the E4R connected via ethernet as a mesh system with 2 other units connected around the house, the other 2 are blinking red and I have tried swapping the main unit connected to the modem with one of the other units which also didn't work. 

It appears ro work for 5 minute periods on and off with connected internet but once I go to use the internet or jump on the deco app to do an update or anything it immediately stops working. 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet not working
2023-10-12 20:53:11

@Wyvern42 it wouldn't let me add the model for some reason. It is the E4R

Options
2023-10-13 04:44:02

@Wyvern42 What is the hardware version and firmware version of your device? Is Deco LED pulse red or solid red? Can you still connect to the original normal WiFi? You can try resetting Deco, reinstalling the Deco APP, and logging in with a new TP-LIN ID to see if they can return to normal. Perhaps, you can log in to the modem and copy its Mac address to the main Deco, I have seen similar problems solved this way online.

Options
2023-10-13 06:36:26

@Wyvern42 Wow, guys, I found this and I think it can really help you, you can try it out by following the steps in the post: Unable to connect to the Internet - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 3

Related Articles