XE75 Adding/remoming smart devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-18 17:10:02
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

When I first setup my XE75 I imported my TP-Link Kasa smart plugs - not sure why I did this but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Anyway I have a new plug which I have lised in the Kasa app but it does appear in the Deco app. 

1. Does anyone know how to import from Kasa to Deco?

2. How do I delete my other plugs from Deco with out deleting from Kasa?

Many thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:XE75 Adding/remoming smart devices
2023-10-18 17:52:59

@IanAlmighty in the Deco app click on Smart Devices which takes you to Smart Home. Then click on the + at the top to add a smart device.

Options
2023-10-19 03:41:09

@IanAlmighty 

Hi, if the Kasa smart plugs have been set up already on the Kasa APP, they will show up automatically under the Deco APP>Smart Home.

Can I have the model number of the new Kasa plug that did not show up? 

As for the second question, May I know why you want to remove the old plugs from the Deco APP? Is it no longer in use?

By the way, a new 1.2.8 firmware has been released for Deco XE75_V1 and it is also suggested to update to the latest version to see whether it helped discovery the new plug.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-10-19 09:15:42

@David-TP 

I've just updated to the lastest firmware (1.2.8) rebooted etc. But the HS100 smart plug I added recently hasn't/doesn't show in Smart Devices in the Deco appsad

The reason why I wanted to remove the smart devices from the Deco app and just use the Kasa is because of the above problem and the the schedules arranged in Kasa are not replicated to the Deco app.

Q - Are the schedules suposed to be replicated?

Q - Whats the best practice? use Deco or Kasa? presumably not both as I'm finding out.

Options