Documentation on configuration properties to setup MongoDB externally?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-22 10:12:49 - last edited 2023-10-26 09:55:09
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am curious if there is any sort of documentation anywhere that has a complete list of properties that would be required in order to configure MongoDB as an external service instead of being built in to the container.  Someone shared with me a Docker image which sets a few properties here and here:

mongo.external=true
eap.mongod.uri=mongodb://mongo:27017/omada

But something that is missing here would be the ability to add authentication and I am not sure what those might be or how I could get them, if they are even available at all.  I'm not even sure how they figured out those properties since I do not see those defined anywhere.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Documentation on configuration properties to setup MongoDB externally?-Solution
2023-10-22 18:58:14 - last edited 2023-10-26 09:55:09
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Documentation on configuration properties to setup MongoDB externally?
2023-10-22 15:43:20

@mbentley I like where you are going with this!  It would be very nice for SD/SSD-based controllers to not have the DB r/w's thrashing the memory card/chip.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-10-22 17:52:54
Turns out that I can just include the username and password in the URI and it works fine as long as I have setup the databases ahead of time.
Options
2023-10-22 18:46:52

@mbentley By setup, do you mean have a MongoDB container running before starting up the Omada container?  Or do you mean, pre-building the tables et al per schema(s)?

Options
2023-10-22 18:48:45

@d0ugmac1 Just ensuring that the user has access to `omada` and `omada_data`.  The controller itself handles the schema if it has access.

Options
2023-10-22 18:53:41

@mbentley 

Awesome!  Happy to beta test a dual-container controller if you need.  Thanks for all the work you do on these BTW...I've been with you since v4.4!

Options
Re:Documentation on configuration properties to setup MongoDB externally?-Solution
2023-10-22 18:58:14 - last edited 2023-10-26 09:55:09
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 323

Replies: 6

Related Articles