Vowifi not working over TL-WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-23 05:43:53 - last edited 2023-10-27 12:20:41
Tags: #Vowifi
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 201029 Rel.35823n (6985)

Hello, 

I have an repeater from tplink and got no vowifi over it working. I can definitely say he is the problem, because when i set it offline its working. But i need it working because of the lan port. 

When i try the repeater from avm from my neighbor it's working perfectly. 

Is there a new firmware that fixes that problem? 

Bye 

Michael

Hallo

Ich habe einen tp link repeater wo ich aufgrund des lan ports benötige. Sobald dieser im WLAN aktiv ist geht kein vowifi mehr was ich dringend sich benötige. Sobald ich den repeater durch den avm meines Nachbarn ersetze gehe alles wunderbar. 

Gibt es eine neue Firmware die dieses Problem behebt? 

Grüße

Michael

Options
8 Reply
Re:Vowifi not working over TL-WA850RE
2023-10-24 06:44:40

@Mrbher 

Are you saying you cannot make it repeat the wireless signal of your own vowifi router, but it can repeat the signal of your neighbors?

Can I have the hardware version of the extender? Is it V1 or V2? You can find that on the extender device label.

When you try to connect it to the vowifi router, will all the LED lights on the extender correctly light up as per the User Guide

If the extender cannot connect to your vowifi router successfully, please go through the following thread to do some basic troubleshooting:

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-24 07:02:50

@Kevin_Z 

No i can repeat my own wifi

I borrowed the reapeter from the company avm from my neighbor. 

Its set at my parents house. So i cannot say at the moment which Version it is. But the wlan is repeated (not good because some apps not working fast there) is there some firewall inside of it? 

Vowifi = voice over wifi. 

Options
2023-10-27 12:30:11

@Mrbher 

Thank you so much for your explanation. 

Generally, this extender only connects and extends the wireless network of the host network, it won't block any traffic if the host router allows it. Are you saying VoWi-Fi works fine when your phone connects to the host router wireless directly? Can I know the model of the router?

When the phone is connecting to the extended network, how about the wireless signal and speed? Is it as good as that when connecting to the host router? Or better or worse?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-27 13:00:46 - last edited 2023-10-27 13:48:40

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 

When it connects directly to the router of avm and the wifi is not established over the repeater (its hard to say if the router is used or the repeater, because it's an reagion where the repeater can also be the one who do the connection) then yes it works well. 

Its now an avm 7430ax Router, but we changed before from an avm 7590 and there it was also this way and not working when the connection is established over the repeter.

The signal is brilliant when the Problem is (because it's 2m away) so this cannot be the reason. 

Bye

Michael

Options
2023-10-28 11:54:19

And for me I info, why isn't this thread shown in the forum? 

And push 😉

Options
2023-10-30 07:46:08 - last edited 2023-10-30 12:20:47

Mrbher wrote

And for me I info, why isn't this thread shown in the forum? 

And push 😉

@Mrbher 

You can find the thread or reply you created in the User Center as follows:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/uc/post/3696122

If you're choosing a language other than English when posting, it will not display in the forum by default. You need to choose the language that you use, then you will find the thread:

Options
2023-10-30 12:16:37

Mrbher wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 

When it connects directly to the router of avm and the wifi is not established over the repeater (its hard to say if the router is used or the repeater, because it's an reagion where the repeater can also be the one who do the connection) then yes it works well. 

Its now an avm 7430ax Router, but we changed before from an avm 7590 and there it was also this way and not working when the connection is established over the repeter.

The signal is brilliant when the Problem is (because it's 2m away) so this cannot be the reason. 

Bye

Michael

@Mrbher 

You may try to open ports 500 and 4500 for the phone that you want to use VoWiFi on the AVM 7430ax router. Please be sure that you're adding the correct MAC address for the phone when doing port forwarding on the router.

If possible, I would suggest trying to change the WA850RE to Access Point mode, connect it to the AVM 7430ax router via LAN cable, and then connect the phone to the AP's wireless network to observe if it can use VoWiFi correctly.

Options
2023-10-30 12:52:00

@Kevin_Z 

Ah Kevin thanks regarding the Forum i expected that i see all threads, but okay :)

To the extender: I give now the repeater a own Wifi-Network to be sure iam connected to this network when the problem occures. Because this extender is not physicaly very near to the router it's not possible to connect over cable. In the first try the phone connects over VoWifi. But i have to leave the network and comeback and then the problem mostly occours. Tomorrow or the day after i will leave and check.

Bye

Michael

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 8

Tags

Vowifi
Related Articles