Extend LAN Ports on Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extend LAN Ports on Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extend LAN Ports on Deco
Extend LAN Ports on Deco
2023-10-23 14:48:29 - last edited 2023-10-24 03:24:42
Tags: #LAN Port Extension
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have the following setting: one internet-router (which was also my wifi router before I installed the deco wifi) with 3 LAN devices (pc, NAS, raspberry).

My printer is connected via wifi.

Unfortunately the deco has only 3 LAN ports - one has to be used to connect to the internet router. I turned off wifi on the internet router and on on the deco.

I thought I leave the pc, the NAS and the rpi on the LAN ports of the internet router.

But: I am not able to get access to the printer out of the pc (other IP ranges).

If I connect the pc to the deco, I am able to print. But then I have no connection to the NAS (or the rpi).

Can I do some customizing in the deco app to get these things done?

Or do I need to buy a switch?

My questions:

If it can be done via routing (or similar) - how can this be done?

If I have to get a switch: does any device connected to the switch get an extra IP-Adress out of deco (same IP-Range - deco is DHCP)?

What kind of switch do I have to buy to get this (fixed IP adress for printer, NAS and rpi)? Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards

Whanus

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extend LAN Ports on Deco-Solution
2023-10-23 15:20:00 - last edited 2023-10-24 03:24:42

@Whanus 

Configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode, and this problem will go away. Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Extend LAN Ports on Deco-Solution
2023-10-23 15:20:00 - last edited 2023-10-24 03:24:42

@Whanus 

Configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode, and this problem will go away. Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 1

Tags

LAN Port Extension
Related Articles