Deco X50 LAN ports stopped working.

2024-01-09 09:47:23
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello,

I have a system with two Deco X50 and 2 Deco E4R operating in a single mesh network.

The ICP cable goes in to one Deco X50 unit, which shares via LAN cables the network to the other units which serve as nodes.

The system was working fine for 6 months, however, since yesterday, both Deco x50 units no longer work in LAN mode, i.e. they can only get signal via WiFi. 

My ICP came and investigated the issue, and there was no way to connect the x50 units to the LAN network either as the main router, or as a node in the mesh.

Any suggestion besides returning the units back to the seller as defective? 

I tried resetting each unit, as well as changing the cables to any of the 3 ports, as well as changing the power adapters. 

At the moment I have one of the E4R units as the main router to the network, but I get a much lower speed so that is not a long-term solution. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X50 LAN ports stopped working.
2024-01-10 07:16:51

@Ibard 

Hi, could you please help me check the current firmware version of the Deco X50?

Every Deco X50 has 3 Ethernet ports and have you checked whether all 3 failed to work or just a certain port?

If you connect a wired laptop via an Ethernet cable to Deco X50, Will the laptop be able to get internet service?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco X50 LAN ports stopped working.
2 weeks ago

@Ibard 

Got exactly the same issue. I did never get the lan ports to work as the x50 automatically updated firmware when it was connected to internet (I of cause accepted this)
Both my X50 poe have been returned

Options