tp-link deco not working fast in router mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-24 14:37:18 - last edited 2023-10-24 14:41:49
Model: Deco X95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

I have a deco x95 connected to the modem and some xe75's using ethernet backhaul. The modem also acts as a router but I turned the wifi from the modem off. When I use the deco in router mode the internet speeds are quick but not consistent. When I try to open a webpage alot of the times it says determining host or can't find dns and then takes a really long time to work or just doesn't work at all while just a moment earlier I did a speedtest and it was 1200mb/s down and 200 up. If i run the deco's in acces point mode I don't have the issue but then I don't have all the options in the app. Does anyone know what is causing this issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:tp-link deco not working fast in router mode.
2023-10-25 08:40:01

@RTA 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are you able to stably reproduce this issue when accessing certain websites?

It is suggested to refer to this link to change the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

And are you able to set the ISP Modem router to bridge modem only, not just disabling the WiFi?

If possible, please also connect a laptop via an Ethernet cable to Deco to see whether the Ethernet connection had the same issue.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:tp-link deco not working fast in router mode.
2023-10-25 12:05:08

@David-TP Thanks for the response. I enabled router mode again to test your suggestions and now I can't reproduce the issue, it works even with auto DNS. I did set the DNS to your suggestions and it works great. I can put the modem in bridge-only mode but I have to ask my provider for it, they don't give the option to do it yourself which is really annoying cause it usually takes them 24 hours. Do you think it is still better to run the modem in bridge-only mode, even if it's working fine right now?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 2

Related Articles