Deco XE75 Multiple Networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-26 15:52:56
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have another network that I am able to reach via the Deco Mesh network.  Traffic between the 2 networks works fine, but trying to get out the internet from the other network fails.  The troubleshooting in the Deco is lackluster at best. I am assuming the routing works, but I am not positive if the NAT is working correctly within the Deco. 

The lack of a web interface with some actual details is a maor pain point with this system.  One would expect networking devices would be able to provide the basic services as static routes and NAT'g for more than one network.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Multiple Networks
2023-10-27 08:20:02

@chuckiewoneeye 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would you mind trying to further explain what you want to achieve with the Deco Mesh system?

I am afraid that I didn't quite understand what the current issue is. Are you trying to access a local server behind Deco XE75 Pro from an external network?

I would highly appreciate it if you could add more details, such as the network topology.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-10-27 13:58:53

@chuckiewoneeye 

From the other network, devices on it can't reach the internet. I would liike to be able to have multiple networks behind the main deco unit and be able to access the internet from all networks and not just the main Deco network.

Is this possible?  If your device is a router as it states, then this should be fairly straight forward. Otherwise, I have to bypass the Deco unit using another device which I would lke to avoid if possible.

Options
2023-10-27 23:25:12

@chuckiewoneeye first there's no way to disable NAT on the Deco so any other network you have will be behind a double NAT that has its own set of problems.

In my experience routers that do allow you to disable NAT don't "behave" as you would expect but maybe I just didn't get the static rounting right when I tried to to this.

My conclusion was that domestic routers aren't designed to cater for sub-netting like you would do with a comercial router.

Options