How to configure VoIP on a non-VoIP router?

2023-11-01 16:48:44
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,
I have setup my Archer VR2800 (non-VoIP version) to connect to the Internet, no issue.

Now, I want to connect an ATA device to the VR2800.

As far as I understand, a general approach is to configure one port on the router to use the VoIP VLAN and attach on this port the ATA.

On the VR2800, I don't see such option. So, what I did was to configure the IPTV, which gives me a lot of options needed by the VoIP anyway (PPPoE, VLAN, Priority). But I cannot find a way to associate it with a specific port.

I would need some help here please. If my approach is wrong, please tell me so (and also how to fix it :D )

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to configure VoIP on a non-VoIP router?
2023-11-01 17:03:04

@PeterTselios 

You just have to connect your ATA device to your VR2800 LAN port. All VoIP configurations (including VLAN) should be made on the ATA device itself - these settings should be provided by your ISP.

Here's a guide for connecting Cisco ATA to your router, which allows you to use analog device (phone/fax) - the connected device can then function like an IP phone in your network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-03 07:44:48

@terziyski That depends on the ATA. In my case, it doesn't have any other option apart from DHCP or static IP.

Thus, I need to rely on the router to do so.

And on the router, the only viable option is to use the IPTV.

So, when I setup VLAN and DHCP on the IPTV configuration, I get an IP from the ISP all good.

However, I want to assign this port to a specific port. Can I do that, or is it irrelevant and the router will send the traffic to the ewan_iptv port anyway?

Options
2023-11-03 09:23:19

@PeterTselios 

What's your ATA device brand and model ?

Apart from that on the VR2800 you can specify the LAN port on which the IPTV service is configured here:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 3

Related Articles