Red light every other day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 22:31:08
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.13

Hey everyone 👋

About 2 weeks ago I purchased a deco mesh thingie for my student house as I needed an Ethernet port for my PC and couldn't figure out a realistic way of connecting my PC directly to the modem. I decided to get the deco x20 but have been continuously getting red lights almost every day at seemingly random intervals. I usually wouldn't care to just reset it every time but my house has 7 other people who are getting understandably annoyed with me constantly asking to reset the WiFi. My firmware is up to date and I disabled the 2.4hz as I heard it might cause the issues to no avail. What else can I do to fix this so I don't need to refund it on Amazon.

Some side notes is the main wifi works perfectly fine when these issues happen it's just the mesh network that stops working.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Red light every other day
2023-11-03 09:58:46

@SirStingy 

Hi, welcome to the community.

"Some side notes is the main wifi works perfectly fine when these issues happen it's just the mesh network that stops working."

Do you mean here that the main Deco works fine and the satellite Deco X20 randomly turned flashing red? Or the network of ISP router works fine but the Deco Mesh dropped out and turned red?

If it was the second one, would a power restart of the main Deco X20(or just unplug/plug back the internet cable between the main Deco X20 and ISP modem router) be able to restore the connection?

Are you still able to get a valid IPV4 address under Deco APP>More>Internet Connection>IPV4 when Deco dropped out?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Red light every other day
2023-11-03 18:54:11

@David-TP 

It is the second one. All the decos turn red but the main isp works. I've tried unplugging the deco and turning it back on but it stays red after being green for a second. Taking out the Ethernet and putting it back in changes nothing as well. It was red when I woke up again this morning. The app always says "we couldn't find deco." So I can't click more or anything except 'link account","support center" or "app settings" 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 174

Replies: 2

Related Articles