No internet when range extendede in use

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-04 21:44:19
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After configuring it by devices (tablet, phone, laptop) are connected but the Android devices say no internet and the laptop (running Linux OpenSuse) cannot connect to anyother node on the LAN.  I have reset the range extender and configured agaon, with the same result.  So instead of extending thre range it kills all access.

I do not have a router but wifi segment have a central acess point.  This is connected to the firewall computer and so of via pppoe to the FTTCbroadband.

My wifi toolssee the access point and the range extended with the same essid and everything looks ok; it just does not work.

What can Ido?

TL-WA850RE

Options
5 Reply
Re:No internet when range extendede in use
2023-11-06 03:33:21

@jpff-uk 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I see your model number is TL-WA850RE and it is quite like the post here:

Wi-Fi Range Extender Causing Host Router No Internet

Please let me know whether it helped or not.

Best regards.

Options
2023-11-07 14:42:02

@jpff-uk looks the right solutionn now to find out how to flash the firmware when. the device kils the net

Options
2023-11-07 15:03:45

@jpff-uk as I suspected I cannot connect to the range extender.  I have tried a reset but it does not connect

Options
2023-11-08 21:31:08

@jpff-uk Som progress.  I re-flashed the range extender with  850rev2_un-up-ver1-0-0-P1[20220615-rel52081].bin  seemed to be the one for my v2 .0 hardware.

It succeeded and so I attempted to configure the wifi.T

Eventually I succeeded via an Android tablet.  I configured thr device -- operation was slightly different to the Quick Installation Guide but I ended with two eesid's, the original and the original with -EXT appended.  It semed stable dso I moved the extender to the location where it is neede.  But when I attempted to co.nnect via the =EXT wifi it connected, and very shortly safter said it had authorsation failure and it selected   the standard eesid network.  I checked the password and it is correct . I gave up after a few times round thisloop and disconnected the range extender as it was not doing anything useful.

So I am appealing again for advice.  How can I solve the low signal part of my LAN ? Can I fix the authorisation problem?

Options
2023-11-21 15:07:58

@jpff-uk Any ideas?  I am still without an extended range

Options