Deco prefers mesh connection over WiFi while in Acces Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco prefers mesh connection over WiFi while in Acces Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Deco prefers mesh connection over WiFi while in Acces Point Mode
2023-11-07 22:28:21
I have the following switch, NETGEAR GS308-300PES netwerk-switch Unmanaged. Deco Units were running also without an issue. One strange which popped up, which was that my wife banking app on her phone wouldn't load when on WiFi while my phone didn't have any issue with the same app. This issue now also seems to be resolved.
Options
2023-11-25 15:36:57

Hey there! To ensure a stable Ethernet connection, try swapping the Ethernet cables or checking  Troubleshoot the ports on your switch. Also, confirm that the Deco connected via WiFi is within the range of the main Deco for a solid wired connection. If the issue persists, consider updating firmware or checking for any interference. Hope this helps! 

Options
2023-11-26 10:27:15

@fredrick101 

Since the complete reboot en switching to Router Mode and back to Acces Point Mode the problem hasn't returned. 

I think what caused the issues, is that the power went down of the router and the main Deco. 

The other two Deck's and Ethernet Switch stayed powered. Maybe this caused some strange communication between the two slave Deco units.

Options
Related Articles