Deco network blocked by Seetickets website

2023-11-07 21:51:22 - last edited 2023-11-13 02:06:47
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 build 20230914 Rel 65662

Hi, hoping somebody might be able to help with an unusual problem. A week or so ago I was trying to buy tickets for a music event via seetickets webiste and I was pressing F5 repeatedly to refresh the page in an attempt to get off the Seetickets holding page and onto the main website. I must have refreshed the page at a rate which the Seetickets website didn't like and I received a message to this effect - I didn't take too much notice of the wording of the message at the time as I assumed it would be a temporary block which would last for a short period of time.

Since then I've been unable to access the seetickets site on any device (two laptops, android mobile and iphone) when connected to my home Deco wifi network but I am able to access the Seetickets site by disconnecting the Deco, turning off modem mode on my ISP's (Virgin Media) modem / router and connecting to the Virgin Media wifi network. I can also access the Seetickets site using a mobile data connection on the mobile phones. All other websites can be accessed ok when connected via Deco network so I'm assuming that the Seetickets site is somehow blocking access to its website when I'm connecting through Deco wifi. I've also tried hardwiring the laptops into the Deco unit and into the Virgin Media hub and have the same problem, the website blocks access by Deco but allows access via Virgin Media. I've been though troubleshooting with TP Link tech support who haven't been able to identify the problem as yet. 

I was wondering if anybody could tell me whether I can change any settings on the Deco to get around this apparent Seetickets block please or whether there could be another reason for the issue? 

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco network blocked by Seetickets website-Solution
2023-11-11 21:04:00 - last edited 2023-11-13 02:06:47

@yves_b and @David-TP thanks very much for your help and suggestions, the problem is now sorted.

I ran the tests on ipv6 website and switched the Deco to access point mode tonight which allowed me to access the see tickets site through the deco wifi again. I then switched it back to WiFi Router mode and it's continued to work through the Deco wifi. Thanks again to you both for your suggestions, much appreciated.

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Deco network blocked by Seetickets website
2023-11-08 03:17:20

@pdlee 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you use Dynamic IP under Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV4?

If yes, Could you please try to unplug the main Deco XE75 pro from VM hub and connect the PC to the hub directly to see whether the computer could access Seetickets?

And if the computer works well, here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Clone the MAC Address of the computer on Deco:

2. Change the WAN DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

By the way, Have you subscrbed HomeShield Pro service, like advanced parental control and security+?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-08 09:42:00

@pdlee Did you try running your Deco in "Access Point" mode, with the modem out of "modem" mode?

Options
2023-11-08 09:52:50 - last edited 2023-11-08 10:07:52

@pdlee To better understand the influence of the Deco, I suggest comparing, with and without the Deco, the response of this site: https://test-ipv6.com/

Options
2023-11-09 09:41:37 - last edited 2023-11-09 09:51:04

@David-TP Hi David, I've tried the MAC address cloning, I do get a different error message after cloning the MAC address of the laptop which is seetickets "...DNS address could not be found" but still doesn't access the site. 

Tech support took me through changing the DNS server which didn't help unfortunately. I'm happy to try again though, would that be 8.8.8.8 on the "primary DNS" and 8.8.4.4 on the "secondary DNS" under the DHCP server option on the deco app? 

I haven't subscribed to Home Shield Pro, I did have parental controls on but tech support asked me to delete them. 

When the laptop is connected to the virgin media superhub either through the hubs wifi or hardwired to it, I can access the Seetickets site but as soon as I connect via Deco (both through wifi and hardwired to the Deco) I can't access the site. 

Thanks.

Options
2023-11-09 09:42:37

yves_b wrote

@pdlee Did you try running your Deco in "Access Point" mode, with the modem out of "modem" mode?

@yves_b Hi, I haven't tried this but will do tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

Options
2023-11-09 09:45:15

@yves_b 

yves_b wrote

@pdlee To better understand the influence of the Deco, I suggest comparing, with and without the Deco, the response of this site: https://test-ipv6.com/

IPV6 is tuned on in the Deco app but has no information or settings in it other than "dynamic IP" in internet connection type box and an address in the IP address box in the LAN section. Thanks.

Options
2023-11-09 10:01:00

@pdlee 

I was suggesting connecting to the test-ipv6.com site, once from a PC connected via the Deco (blocked by Seetickets), once from a PC connected to the modem (not blocked by Seetickets).

And comparing the responses.

Options
2023-11-09 10:49:40

@yves_b Thanks. I tried it but wasn't able to run the test as IPV6 doesn't seem to be set up on the Deco - all the settings are blank on the app apart from a couple. 

yves_b wrote

@pdlee 

I was suggesting connecting to the test-ipv6.com site, once from a PC connected via the Deco (blocked by Seetickets), once from a PC connected to the modem (not blocked by Seetickets).

And comparing the responses.

Options
2023-11-09 10:59:34

@pdlee 

This is a web site: test-ipv6.com.  When you connect to that site via an Internet browser, it will display something.

I suggest accessing that web site from one of your devices.

And comparing the responses from that site, when your device is connected into the Deco unit and when you device is connected into the Virgin Media hub.

Options
Re:Deco network blocked by Seetickets website-Solution
2023-11-11 21:04:00 - last edited 2023-11-13 02:06:47

@yves_b and @David-TP thanks very much for your help and suggestions, the problem is now sorted.

I ran the tests on ipv6 website and switched the Deco to access point mode tonight which allowed me to access the see tickets site through the deco wifi again. I then switched it back to WiFi Router mode and it's continued to work through the Deco wifi. Thanks again to you both for your suggestions, much appreciated.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 373

Replies: 10

Related Articles