Access point.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access point.
Access point.
2023-11-11 22:15:47

I have a client with wireless only access in his suite, devices all connect to internet okay. He has a Brother Airprint enabled printer which works on my test network. When i setup in his suite, no connections to the printer show. 
using TP-LINK RE705X AX3000 Mesh WiFi 6 Extender, can I setup a subnet to print and then can all devices still see the internet. Windows 10 laptop, Apple iPhone and iPad. There is no Ethernet connection in the suite, main router is inaccessible. 
thank you for your help. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access point.
2023-11-14 02:26:23

@Zekio2023 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are you able to receive a proper wireless signal from the main router in the suite since RE705x needs to wirelessly connect to the main router first, and then broadcast another wireless network in the suite?

The devices that will connect to the RE705x will get IP addresses from the main router as well so all the devices whether they are connected to RE705x or the main router will be on the same IP range and should be able to access the Brother printer.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options