Archer Doesn't know it's connected to the Internet

2023-11-14 21:47:38 - last edited 2023-11-14 22:18:17
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

My Archer VR2800 has started to behave very oddly. Right now I am using it to access the internet, but the device's utility tool says it is disconnected from the internet.

• I have it configured as a bridge wired to a Vodafone router.
  • All my wireless devices are configured to connect to the Archer, not directly to the Vodafone router.
  • The Archer's utility tool can see all wireless devices UPDATE: The list of connected devices is constantly changing, with some connected devices no showing in Acher's list of connected devices.
  • The Vodafone router's utility tool can also see them on the network
  • However, the wireless devices keep losing and reconnecting to the internet, but not at the same time. They remain connected to the Archer. UPDATE: Sometimes they remain connected to the Archer, other times they cannot connect.
  • To test where the internet connection is failing, I have connected my laptop to the Archer via ethernet cable. This connection is working. Therefore I am accessing the internet via the Archer, but the Archer's utility tool says there is no internet traffic passing through it in either direction - which is clearly incorrect.
  • I have rebooted it several times.
  • I have updated the firmware, using the correct version for my hardware version.

Any advice to rectify the issue would be most welcome, please. - Or is it time to put my Archer to rest?

Thanks

S.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer Doesn't know it's connected to the Internet
2023-11-15 00:07:27

@StuartHC 

When you say that you use VR2800 bridge wired to a Vodafone router, I supose you've ment the following scenario.

VR2800 as an access point - details (Case 2). If that's the case VR2800 won't know that it has an Internet connectoin because its DSL port is unplugged - that's normal.

Regarding putting it to a rest - I think that a FW update to its latest FW release will give some more time until you decide to retire it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 1

Related Articles