X20 using bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X20 using bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X20 using bridge mode
X20 using bridge mode
2023-11-15 10:36:40
Tags: #Installation #Bridge Mode router

Hi

I just followed a previous thread but to no avail.

I have been successfully using an X20-4G plus satellites in LTE mode whilst waiting to get connnected to fibre.

The great day came and was a success. 

I moved to router mode on X20, ran ethernet between the supplied router and my X20 and all was good. (Turned off wifi on supplied router).

Being greedy for the best possible results, I put the supplied router into bridge mode, followed all the steps ie unplugged all decos, re plugged the X20, waited for a green light which i got, BUT no connection to internet at all.

Ive just done a reset on the supplied router (again) and put all back again.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it even worth it?

I know nothing about IpV4/6 could it be that??

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:X20 using bridge mode
2023-11-16 07:21:44

@Danno60 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If the LED is solid green on the main Deco X20-4G now, the internet is supposed to work well. I checked your TP-Link email ID and it seems like the Deco is online now. Have you fixed the issue on your own? If yes, would you mind sharing with us how?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:X20 using bridge mode
2023-11-16 07:29:04 - last edited 2023-11-16 07:33:20

Hi David No I didn’t fix it! I simply factory reset the Freebox to router mode and re plugged my deco network. Im getting 500+ download and a ping of 26 which is way better than when i was on 4g (70Mbs/65ms). So maybe I’m just being greedy but i read that this (relatively old) box will go up to 500 in router mode and up to 1gbs in bridge mode. Should i continue trying to do this or just be grateful with the vast improvement I’ve already got? Green light on main unit does not seem to always equal all is ok. Thanks for your interest.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 2

Tags

Installation
Bridge Mode router
Related Articles