Use dualWANs on distincive LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-16 21:41:49 - last edited 2023-11-17 03:10:21
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_V1_1.2.1 Build 20220512

Hello everyone,

I've had a look at the forum and the interent but I cannot find the awnser I need. Hopefully someone can clear this for me.

The situation is as following. At the moment I have one TL-R605 router. The WAN port is occupied by the cable coming directly from the ISP. I have a 1 GB fiber connection, shared between 5 VLAN's (10-15) each capped at 200mbit. VLAN 10-14 all use port 4 of the router and go to a switch.

Because I am going to extend the network with another 5 VLAN's (16-20), I would like to get a seconds fiber connection (1GB), configure port 2 as WAN and use port 5 as the LAN for VLAN 16-20. I've searched for a while and tried some thing but I cannot seem to get this working.

Is there a distincive way to say VLAN 10-14 use WAN1 and VLAN 16-20 use WAN2?

I hope this clarifies what I am trying to reach, if not feel free to ask :)

Thanks!

See image below for clarification

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Use dualWANs on distincive LAN-Solution
2023-11-17 03:09:37 - last edited 2023-11-17 03:10:21

Hi @Migueld98 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Search documents on the official site, or look it up in the User Guide where you have examples. This is called Policy Routing. How to configure Policy Routing on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

Pretty easy to set up in your case. Just pick up the WAN and LAN. It works like a charm.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Use dualWANs on distincive LAN-Solution
2023-11-17 03:09:37 - last edited 2023-11-17 03:10:21

Hi @Migueld98 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Search documents on the official site, or look it up in the User Guide where you have examples. This is called Policy Routing. How to configure Policy Routing on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

Pretty easy to set up in your case. Just pick up the WAN and LAN. It works like a charm.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 1

Related Articles