TL-PA7017P KIT doesn't let me ping or reach other computers on the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-17 17:00:11
Model: TL-PA7017P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_701F14_191101_901

Good aftenoon,

I bought this kit to extend my network to a computer in a small office.

I connected one directly to the wallplug since its passthrough and connected it to the router.

The other one I connected in the room I have the computer in, also directly to the wallplug and it instantly paired with the other.

The computer immediately got an IP assigned tby the router (DHCP) and connects to the internet without any problems.

The problem is that I need to have that computer reach another computer in the same network (one that is connected directly to the router and also on DHCP.

When I try to ping each other they don't get a reply.

- Computer 1: 10.0.0.60    Host name: PC1

- Computer 2: 10.0.0.71    Host name: PC3

Both can ping the router (gateway) 10.0.0.1.

If I ping the host name instead of the IP it shows the correct IP and from each computer if I use an app for network scan they both detect all devices in the network including the computer they can't reach.

Now if I connect both computers to the router directly they can both reach each other no problem. This only happens when they go through the powerline kit.

Now the even wierder thing is that I have a 3rd computer, lets call it PC2 that is connected to the router directly like PC1. and PC3 can reach that one even tho the oposite is not true..

Is there anything I can do? I've tried pretty much everything including updating the firmware that was already in the same version but no go.

Also bought a second kit for a diferent location and decided to try it just to check and same thing happens. If the communication goes through the powerline it just doesn't work.

Best regards.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA7017P KIT doesn't let me ping or reach other computers on the network
2023-11-21 12:00:24

@Pardal 

Hi, please try disabling windows firewall on your PC1 and PC3, then check if the ping works fine among the three PCs.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 1

Related Articles