Onemesh extender drops from the list Devices in Onemesh Network List

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-19 15:32:44 - last edited 2023-11-20 01:15:31
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 220321 Rel.60385n

Hi, I'm using a RE200 to extend the signal of my Archer VR400 with Onemesh, recently I've discovered that RE400 drops from the "Devices in Onemesh Network" List from my Archer VR400 if I reboot my RE200. I'm not sure if two devices handshake back again for Onemesh network again because I'm struggling with connection issues where Archer VR400's signal is week and where the signal should be already boosted by RE200 which i'm close to. According to Location Assistant signal is perfect and the extender is in a great location. Thanks in advance. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Onemesh extender drops from the list Devices in Onemesh Network List
2023-11-21 07:30:54

@sek088 

Hi, do you mean the RE200 will disappear from the OneMesh device list of VR400 after you rebooting the RE200? However, the RE200 is still boosting the VR400 WiFi signal and internet still works fine on all devices, right?

If you wait for longer time, will the OneMesh be established again? or you have to reboot VR400 as well to get the OneMesh working again?

In addition, what is the hardware and firmware version of your RE200?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Onemesh extender drops from the list Devices in Onemesh Network List
2023-11-21 10:05:21

@Sunshine 

Hi, thanks for your helping hand first of all, I'll quote from your message while replying to be more clear on the answers. 

Hi, do you mean the RE200 will disappear from the OneMesh device list of VR400 after you rebooting the RE200?

Yes

However, the RE200 is still boosting the VR400 WiFi signal and internet still works fine on all devices, right?

Partly True, most of my devices which are closed to RE200 have connection issues. It is like they are in a cone of confusion.

If you wait for longer time, will the OneMesh be established again?

No, it doesn't automatically reappear in the list again, I have to manually re-add it to the list on VR400.

or you have to reboot VR400 as well to get the OneMesh working again?

This doesn't work either.

In addition, what is the hardware and firmware version of your RE200?

It had the latest firmware installed, I could provide you the version of the firmware but device is removed from the network and I'm not at home now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 2

Related Articles