New XE75 disconnecting then reconnecting devices

2023-11-19 20:51:28
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

I just bought the XE75 to upgrade my mesh network from M5, which has been rock solid for a couple of years. Since adding the 3 XE75 units (one as the main unit) I've seen constant devices being disconnected and then reconnected at random. Unless they are hardwired via a LAN cable it happens. Also whilst in the deco app, I've seen various satellites showing as red (can't be found), only for them to be found again a minute later. I've forced them all to only pull from the main deco, switched off beamforming, fast roaming etc doesn't make any difference. Quite peed off as they were really expensive and seem to have made my WiFi worse! Any ideas? N.B. I'm not super technical!

Options
3 Reply
Re: New XE75 disconnecting then reconnecting devices
2023-11-20 07:57:09

@Helpme2023 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Since now you have both Deco XE75 and Deco M5, may I know how many Mesh you have in total? Are they wirelessly connected to each other?

If the 3-pack Deco XE75 kit could already cover the whole house, I think there is no need to power on all the Deco units. Sometimes mobile devices might jump from one Deco to another if two mesh units are quite close to each other, and the increasing number of satellite units will also use more CPU and Memory.

"I've seen constant devices being disconnected and then reconnected at random. Unless they are hardwired via a LAN cable it happens. Also whilst in the Deco app, I've seen various satellites showing as red (can't be found), only for them to be found again a minute later"

--Have you checked the LED lights on the physical hardware of Deco? Did they turn to flashing red as well?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-20 08:38:57

@David-TP Hi, I have 5 additional M5 units. Partly that is because I needed to extend the WiFi out to my garden office. Just using the closest XE75 unit doesn't deliver enough signal (5-10mbps). The other units are being used to provide solid LAN connections to computers as the signal keeps dropping without them

Options
2024-03-11 13:59:10

@Helpme2023 

I got the same issue now. I can see my iot devices disconnecting and reconnecting all the time. It makes my smart home very unreliable. I setup notifications to keep a record of these connection dropouts.

I'm have 3 XE75's firmware 1.2.9 Build 20231222 Rel. 77579 One on each floor. They have a wired backhaul from the main deco to the other 2 deco's. 

I've tried to turn off fast roaming, beam forming, mimo, rebooting the deco's, rebooting the wifi clients. Nothing is helping sofar.  Also tried to turn off mesh for the client devices and fix them to the closesed Deco and at 2,4 ghz. 

Options