Speedtest by Ookla fault

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speedtest by Ookla fault

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Speedtest by Ookla fault
Speedtest by Ookla fault
2023-11-24 18:08:57
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:2.1.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170927 Rel.57074n

I have been testing - testing - testing - rebooting - rebooting - fibermodem off - router on. Same result: 

"Well, you're offline. Check your internet connections, get back online, and retest your speed."

Same on Tether version 4.3.7

We are online - both with wifi - IPTV - LAN and everything. Speedtest works from computer and android phone.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Speedtest by Ookla fault
2023-11-25 06:54:26

@Rilla 

You're using a FW release from 2017, which is pretty much outdated.

Upgrading to a newer FW release probably would fix that - you have to try it - here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-25 08:32:46

terziyski wrote

@Rilla 

You're using a FW release from 2017, which is pretty much outdated.

Upgrading to a newer FW release probably would fix that - you have to try it - here.

@terziyski The firmware after the one i am using gives massive network connectivity problems - so it won't help. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/642636

Options
2023-11-25 14:34:31

@Rilla 

Have you tried reset to factory defaults after upgrading to Archer C3150(EU)_V2_220919 release.

If you haven't, try that and check if there's any improvement to the router performance.

I believe that your current FW release is too old for Ookla speedtest to work properly.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-26 02:09:55

terziyski wrote

@Rilla 

Have you tried reset to factory defaults after upgrading to Archer C3150(EU)_V2_220919 release.

If you haven't, try that and check if there's any improvement to the router performance.

I believe that your current FW release is too old for Ookla speedtest to work properly.

@terziyski 

Yes I have done that, twice. Same result.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 4

Related Articles