Help needed with Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help needed with Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help needed with Deco M9
Help needed with Deco M9
2023-11-28 16:51:21
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. Need help with my Deco M9 setup.

I have a 3-pack of Deco M9 units. One is connected directly to a TpLink 16 port switch, the other 2 are in one each of my bedrooms. The house is wired with Cat6 cable.

The unit in the first bedroom and the one connected to my switch work just fine. Issue is with the 3rd one - my PC is connected to one Ethernet port on it, the other is connected to the wall port.

The blue LED on this Deco keeps flashing, and it refuses to connect to the other 2 Decos on the app. Internet on the desktop works just fine through this M9 unit, and the Wi-Fi also works fine through this M9; albeit in an "open" network, without password.

How can I resolve this and get 2 things done - A) Extend the network onto this Deco unit B) Keep full internet speed wired to my PC through this Deco?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help needed with Deco M9
2023-11-28 17:16:35 - last edited 2023-11-28 17:17:26

@BhairavP 

Pulsing blue light on M9 means it is ready for setup. Which means it has not been properly setup yet. What do the different LED colors meaning of Deco?

Power off that M9 Plus.

Unplug from Ethernet cables.

Bring to the room where Main Deco is and place nearby.

Do not plug Ethernet cables to it.

Power M9 on and wait till blue light starts flashing again.

Add M9 to Deco mesh using Deco app, click on "+" sign in top right corner of Deco app main screen, then from menu which will open select "Add a Deco Unit":

If successful, you should see that M9 in Deco app as Satellite connected to Main Deco by WiFi. You can now take that M9 and bring it to its permanent place, and connect Ethernet cables to it.

Options