Is it possible to configure Archer AX10 in the way I want to use it

2023-11-30 12:29:29
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've just come back from the store and the salesman recommended this router to solve my problem. But I can't configure it.
I want the router to be a slave to my home wifi. I have my wifi router (master) in my living room. I want to put the Archer AX10 router in the garage. I want it to receive the master router's wifi and I want to be able to connect devices to the router's LAN inputs. However, in all the documentation I can find, every month, the Archer AX10 router is always connected to the network by cable to access the Internet, and not as a wifi slave. Is there a solution, or is the product unsuitable?  

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to configure Archer AX10 in the way I want to use it
2023-11-30 13:06:41

@bntcolson 

From your description I understand that you want a range extender. AX10 doesn't support a RE mode - check this thread as an example.

In this scenario you connect the two routers over a wireless connection.

AX10 supports router mode and access point mode (Case 1). In both cases you should use an ethernet cable to connect your master router to AX10.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options