[Closed] New UI for 11AX Routers on Tether App 4.3 version is Ready for Trial

[Closed] New UI for 11AX Routers on Tether App 4.3 version is Ready for Trial

77 Reply
Re:New UI for 11AX Routers on Tether App 4.3 version is Ready for Trial
2024-01-03 10:55:55
yes mesh mode & router mode are emvled it lasted a couple days then lost the wifi seting on both devices rourter ax 73 ax10 i had shurdown the ax 10 get the network working again
Options
2024-01-11 03:25:20

@Basboi85 

Hi,

1. For the first possible bug you mentioned, do you mean it failed for a few times when adding new client devices to existing family profiles?

2. For the second possible bug you mentioned, do you mean the guest wifi is enabled but no password any more after updating the App?

3. You mentioned you can see two iot network channels, are they using the same name or different names? If you enable 2.4G and also 5G guest networks, are you using same name or different names?

4. The two APs are working in AP mode and both connected to main router directly via Ethernet cable, no mesh network established, right?

Please share with us screenshot of the main WiFi settings on the AP on Tether App, the settings is grayed out or any error message when you try to change it?

5. For the family profile filter content, do you mean the settings lost after updating Tether App?

By the way, please also let us know the hardware and firmware versions of your three AX72.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-11 03:29:15

tonyjp2022 wrote

yes mesh mode & router mode are emvled it lasted a couple days then lost the wifi seting on both devices rourter ax 73 ax10 i had shurdown the ax 10 get the network working again

@tonyjp2022 

Are you still able to reproduce the issue easily?

You mean AX73 is EasyMesh main router, AX10 is satellite router, they are connected wirelessly, all the wireless configuration lost automatically after working a couple of days?

When the issue happens, If you connect to the default wireless network or connect a computer to either of them via Ethernet cable, is internet still working?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-11 10:17:51

@Sunshine 

Hi sunshine 

Tether app version 4.3.28 running on a Samsung s22ultra one u I 6.0 and android version 14

All 3 of my ax72 

Are v.01 EU

1.2.1 build 20230626 rel.36899

I can confirm that when I tried to add new devices to a family profile  failed  come on the screen  then after a few attempts it the said success, 

If I can recreate this again then I'll try to grab a screen shot but I get a notification in certain parts of the app where it will let me take a screen shot and other parts it says this app doesn't allow screen shots. 

Yes when I went onto the guest wifi to see what changes/options was there it had kept the guest wifi name but I had to re create a guest wifi password and then turn on the security as the previous security and password configurations hadnt been transferred to this update,

but since set them again it has seemed to have saved the password and security since I re set the password. 

Yes I can see 2 IOT channels settings in the tether app  2.4 and 5ghz can be turned on separately and yes they both have the same name and the same password for that wifi network just to help with decluttering wifi names when searching for that wifi network 

I also do this with my guest wifi as not everyone will know if their devices are 2.4 or 5ghz so to save the drama I use the same name amd password for the guest wifi and let the device pick what channel to be on. 

when I did the latest update the IOT network kept the password amd security settings  I originally set in the previous tether app version  unlike with what happened on the guest network. 

After some playing about on the tether app this morning  I know have figured out and can admit I was wrong  in my confusion due its a different layout between the guest network settings and the IOT network  settings menu  you can deselect the guest wifi channels by clicking on the ticks where as the IOT is by toggle so you can have just the 2.4 or the 5ghz but you can't have seperate passwords for the guest wifi unlike in the IOT settings hence why I thought there was a bug my apologies. 

The IOT wifi network layout settings is fully seperate settings per channel where I can have  different names and passwords and I can turn on just the 2.4 or the 5ghz channel where as in the guest wifi settings the layout is totally different where I believe my confusion has come from so my mistake there. 

Both my satellite ax72 are connected via ethernet and I'm not using the mesh feature as of yet. 

Yes when I updated the tether app I only noticed by chance that when I was in one of my kids profiles that the filtered content options that had previously been selected now wasn't so I then had to go through all profiles I've created and applied all the previous settings again which included the off time and bed time settings. 

I have just gone to check that the settings was still saved and they was but they was'nt pictures down below. 

The rules I had set for off time and bed time, filtered content and blocked websites was working by cutting off devices at set times and blocked content ect  but when I opened the profile settings up it showed up that they wasn't set and after 5 seconds the settings reappeared without me changing them besides the offtime settings so I've re applied all the settings again so I will monitor to see if happens again. 

I managed to grab a screen shot before it updated itself 

Options
2024-01-11 13:51:58

@Sunshine 

the new app was downloaded on iPhone and tried to open the app but asking to redeem the code which was never received in my  e mail to open the app and tried to open  the old tether app and still not showing the clients 

please let me know any thing to be done 

Options
2024-01-16 14:13:42
on my andriod 14 samung s23 it showws ll my clients seems be updating more often mind updated though the google play store
Options
2024-01-24 08:08:15

@Sanghvi5m 

Hi, 

When using the new Tether App, may I know which code it is asking for?
1. If you mean the password of your TP-Link ID, you could click Forget Password on the login page to reset the password.

2. If you have logged in the Tether App and it asks for another password when login the TP-Link device on the App, it would be the local password of your router which is the same as the local password used to login its web interface, if admin doesn't work and no other possible password, I am afraid you will need to reset your TP-Link device to default settings by pressing and holding the reset button for 10s. 

Please note that factory reset the device will clear all the configurations, you will need to set up the router again after the reset.

Options
2024-01-25 15:09:06

@Sunshine 

Tether App 4.4.4

Fails to retrieve site history on some of the clients.Dispite what the error on the image says, there are no other admins manging the network, only the app.

Options
2024-01-25 19:24:01
on the tether app most current version on the client section it display all the clients on the router do tempory 30 sec switch to displaying no clients online am calling it bug has anyone else seen this happen on there tether apps
Options
2024-01-25 20:05:30 - last edited 2024-01-25 20:18:06

@tonyjp2022 

I've been having some weird things going on with my tether app. 

I've had the whole 5ghz client list just dissapear, I just changed over to easymesh setup and the problems have got even more stranger. 

I keep getting the same clients showing up twice on 2.4 + 5ghz client list, 

When I open either one of my satellite easymesh devices it shows a completely different device (router) as well as the satellite name has dissapeared and just says main. 

If I open up the client list on my main router I'll have double named devices and doesn't clear until I close the tether app completely then reopen it. 

The devices its showing a picture saying no online/connected clients 🤷🏼‍♂️ this will soon correct itself amd dissapear 

There's prob more but there's deffo bugs

I'm on 4.4.4 now but the dissapearing 5ghz was on old firmware as well 

Options