Archer AX73 V1 with EasyMesh, random reboots

Archer AX73 V1 with EasyMesh, random reboots

34 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 V1 with EasyMesh, random reboots
2023-12-09 17:24:36 - last edited 2023-12-09 17:25:08

@Sunshine 

I have exactly the same problem on my Archer AX53 v1.0 (FW 1.2.2). It started rebooting two to three weeks ago, approximately once a day. I have six wireless clients and two on Ethernet. Of course, the reboot schedule is disabled. Moreover, I don't use extenders, and Easy Mesh is disabled.

Options
2023-12-11 03:33:13 - last edited 2023-12-11 03:33:25

@Nebel 

Hi, please follow this thread for troubleshooting: What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

By the way, since it was working fine before, may I know if there is any change or special thing happened before the issue started?

If problem still exists, it is recommended to start a new thread since this thread is mainly about AX73 V1.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-11 16:24:28

@Sunshine

Hi, no special thing was happened, no change in router setting and connected devices. Just regular home usage. 2 wired pc, and 5 wi-fi clients. No extender, or easy mesh adapters. About troubleshooting guide - I use latest firmware for AX53 hw v1 - fw 1.2.2, with original power adapter, connected to UPS. Nothing has changed in this chain, since i bought the router in mid 2022. 1.2.2 firmware installed since it was appear in august. 

Options
2023-12-12 02:33:12

@Nebel 

We would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-12 08:11:52

Hello,

I guess auto update firmware is the cause of reboot. (maybe both reboot schedule and auto update firmware)

Before update with  debug firmware I had turn off reboot schedule and auto update. AX73 online for 3 days. Yesterday I had turn on reboot schedule. still no reboot.Today I had turn on auto update(around 6 hours). 30 mins ago  AX73 reboot itself.

Thank you.

Options
2023-12-12 08:41:03

@TINZ 

Hi, thanks a lot for the feedback, since the auto update is enabled now, please check if you are still on the debug firmware or has updated to any official firmware.

And if there is anything new, please continue to provide it to our senior engineer, once there is any update or solution, please let the community know, thanks a lot for the cooperation!

Options
2023-12-13 13:34:03

@Liam_T any news? I have been struggling with this for weeks... Glad to see I am not the only one.

Options
2023-12-13 14:19:54

@Valdorous nope.. I received the debug firmware from tp-link, but struggled to upload it.. I kept getting an error. 

Eventually I reset the router to factory settings (although couldn't downgrade the firmware), then I was able to install the debug firmware with no problems.  

HOWEVER,... my connection has been stable since last night for the first time in weeks. 

This is what I did:

I removed the extender (RE550) which was farthest from the router (it was in another building about 100ft away so quite a way) and replaced with a wired ethernet backhaul to another easymesh-compatible TP-link router i bought cheap.

My thoughts are that the AX73 was struggling to manage the bandwidth and range of the far extender and this caused it to error out, reboot etc.. just my thoughts, but let us know if this could be your problem too.

Options
2023-12-14 08:22:37

@Liam_T good to hear you managed to solve it by circumventing what seems like a bugged limitation. Unfortunately, the EasyMesh set-up is exactly why I purchased this combi over a year ago. I don't consider this an acceptable solution either... I guess I will be replacing my set-up and switching brands.

So that's 300+ down the drain. Awesome! 😅

Options
2023-12-14 13:08:06

@Sunshine 

As an update, I have now had a solid internet connection for over 2 days:

What I did was the following:

Disconnect the RE550 (which was the farthest location from the base router – about 100ft) and replace with an ethernet backhaul TP-link router.

I believe the issue was that the RE550 was so far away that although it connected, it was creating stress on the new easymesh network somehow and caused it to reboot.

Options
Related Articles