No internet on laptops in Acces Point mode

2023-12-14 17:06:29
Model: Archer AX12  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.25 Build 20230809 Ref. 54222

I bought today an Archer AX12 which I want to use as an access point. I managed to setup the device without any problem. When I connect to it with my laptop (Windows 11 OS) over Wifi then the connection is established but there is no Internet. I checked with other laptops but the result is the same. The strange thing is that with mobile phones (Android) connecting to the AX12 I don't have this problem. 

The network topology is really simple. I have a cable modem downstairs and the AX12 (which is on the first floor) is connected to it with a cable. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:No internet on laptops in Acces Point mode
2023-12-14 18:48:36

@Spirit5 

Hi,

Is the "cable modem" just a cable modem or is it actually a (Wi-Fi) router with built-in cable modem? It has to be the latter for the AX12 to work properly as an Access Point.

Options
2023-12-15 07:17:48

@woozle 

It is a wifi router with a built in cable modem. The DHCP server is enabled only on the cable modem, I switched it off on the AX12 but for some reason the laptops don't get any IP address while the Android phones get it without any problem.

Options
2023-12-18 21:11:33

@Spirit5 

For a test, can you switch the Archer AX12 to "Router Mode" and then check if the laptops get IP addresses assigned by the AX12 and also connect to the Internet successfully?

Options
2023-12-18 22:43:18

@Spirit5 

Check this thread regarding your issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-12-19 08:00:30

@terziyski I'm using different SSD with the AX12 and not the same which is used by the cable modem so my case is different than in the problem mentioned in the referenced thread.

Options
2023-12-19 13:53:52

@Spirit5 

Nevertheless, I would give this beta release a go just to test if there's any improvement.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options