MR600 V3 error code 1, Internal error

2023-12-15 08:17:31
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.0.9.1

I bought a new MR600 V3, when setting it up only power and WiFi lights came on. I went into the setup but it gives a prompt saying error code:1 Internal error. I can click 'ok' and the message disappears. However, the modem is really really slow in responding, tells me there is no sim card (which works fine in my other modem). At the same time it does recognize the provider because it loaded a profile named Vivacom 1. Vivacom is my provider, I am in Bulgaria. The error message keeps popping up. Is the modem faulty? Should I return it or can I fix the problem somehow? Please advise.

Options
3 Reply
Re:MR600 V3 error code 1, Internal error
2023-12-18 10:39:52

@Dutch_Erik 

Hi, the issue started since the purchase, no any special before it happens, right?

Please try resetting the device to factory defaults by holding reset button for about 10s until the power LED starts flashing, if it is still the same error code, you could contact the seller to get it replaced.

Options
2023-12-18 20:48:39

@Sunshine 

Thanks, I tried the reset but to no avail. I even tried to reinstall firmware, but the upload failed saying the file was incorrect. (I double checked before attempting to upload). I am now returning the modem to the store as it is under warranty.

Options
2023-12-21 14:01:07

If the issue persists, it's advisable to contact TP-Link support. They may be able to provide specific guidance based on the error code and symptoms you are encountering. You can find support options on the TP-Link website. If the router is still under warranty and you are unable to resolve the issue, consider returning or exchanging it. Given that you just purchased it, the retailer or TP-Link should assist you with a replacement if the device is indeed faulty. Ensure that the Archer MR600 V3 is compatible with the frequency bands and network standards used by your mobile service provider (Vivacom). This information should be available in the router's specifications and your provider's documentation.

Options