HS200 not connecting to network

2023-12-15 21:24:02 - last edited 2023-12-19 09:30:27
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

On this unit there are 2 black Load wires, a Neutral and a Ground. I presume that the two load wires are to control two separate circuits.

I have connected the HS200 as per the old switch, ground, Neutral and Load. I have tried this with connecting either one or both Load wires.

At this point without connecting to the network, the switch can be turned off or off but it does not operate the lamps.

When connecting to the app, after I make the selection that the green/orange lights are flashing, it fails. I have tried both Reset and Restart buttons to no avail. I'm next to the switch and within feet of the router.

Any clues?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS200 not connecting to network-Solution
2023-12-19 09:30:22 - last edited 2023-12-19 09:30:27

@DuffAT 

Refer to this video to make sure the wires are connected correctly. Looks like the load line is not connected properly as the switch doesn't control the lamp now. 

TP-LINK® ’s HS200 Smart WiFi Light Switch Setup Tutorial

After the wiring, refer to this instruction to add the HS200 to the Kasa App. How to set up my TP-Link Smart Plug Switch via Kasa

As per the error message, your phone should connect to the Smart Switch WiFi at this step. Re-direct to the WiFi settings, connect the smart switch WiFi first and go back to the App and continue the configuration.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 not connecting to network-Solution
2023-12-19 09:30:22 - last edited 2023-12-19 09:30:27

@DuffAT 

Refer to this video to make sure the wires are connected correctly. Looks like the load line is not connected properly as the switch doesn't control the lamp now. 

TP-LINK® ’s HS200 Smart WiFi Light Switch Setup Tutorial

After the wiring, refer to this instruction to add the HS200 to the Kasa App. How to set up my TP-Link Smart Plug Switch via Kasa

As per the error message, your phone should connect to the Smart Switch WiFi at this step. Re-direct to the WiFi settings, connect the smart switch WiFi first and go back to the App and continue the configuration.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 1

Related Articles