VPN Problems
VPN Problems
2023-12-16 19:34:28
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I enabled a OpenVPN Server on the Archer MR600 router. The router is connected to Internet with SIM LTE (no cable connection). The Provider is WINDTRE (Italian Carrier)

It has also has tplink dns service activated.

When I try the connection with OpenVPN Client, it doesn't seems to reach the Router and the tplinkdns name is not reachable

Could you please suggest to me some verification that I can do?

Kind Regards

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN Problems
2023-12-18 10:34:22

@AngeloB 

Please check Internet IPv4 address on your MR600 web interface: Advanced->Status->Internet part to see if it is a public IP or not, if not, it means the MR600 is behind a CGNAT of your ISP which causes your VPN not working, in that case, you will need to contact the ISP to see if they could assign you a public IP address.

Options
Re:VPN Problems
2023-12-21 14:02:27

If you are using tplinkdns for Dynamic DNS, ensure that the DDNS service is properly configured on your router. Check if the tplinkdns name is resolving to the correct public IP address. Verify that the tplinkdns service is up and running. Sometimes, DDNS services may experience temporary outages. Check the public IP address assigned to your router by WINDTRE. Ensure that it is reachable from the internet. If your ISP assigns a private IP address, you may need to contact them to obtain a public IP address or use a VPN service with a public IP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles