IoT NETWORK FOR AX73

Votes

IoT NETWORK FOR AX73

IoT NETWORK FOR AX73
IoT NETWORK FOR AX73
2023-12-18 13:24:44
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20231023 rel.42641(5553)

Hello friends,

Months ago i received in my office's Archer C80 a firmware update with some interesting features, one of them was the posibility of create a totally apart wifi network ssid for IoT devices, i loved that (Thank you very much)

So please, could it be done too for the Archer AX73?? 

Greetings.-  

Options
8 Reply
Re:IoT NETWORK FOR AX73
2023-12-19 06:42:25

@GeorKhawam 

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options
2023-12-19 14:53:34

@Sunshine Thanks for your reply

Another things that could be corrected are some inconsistencies between the web interface and the Tether app, for example:

1.- In the web interface in wireless, appears the option:  mu-mimo / ofdma + mu-mimo / disable...  in the app ONLY appears mu-mimo to activate with a checkmark... 

2.- In the web interface in wireless, appears the option TWT to enable or disable with a checkmark...  in the app, TWT is missing totally...  

3.- In the web interface in wireless, don't let you choose width individually 40 / 80 / 160 MHz...  in the app you can do it, but when i select 160 MHz the router is lying and really is in 80MHz (does not obey what you select) 

4.- In the web interface in the wireless Guest wifi, you can fix a bandwidth limiter (Thanks for that Tp-Link !! ) , but in the app this option is missing and you can't control it.. also the checkmark "allow guest to see each other" is missing in the app too...

5.- In the web interface, the QoS option is no more, now we can't see the data usage/consumption of each connected client,  (the real-time rate was moved to NetworkMap>Clients)...  the refresh time of the bandwidth use of each client is TOO high, i think it could refresh at least every 3 seconds without problems ( i have a tl-wr844n that does it every 1 second)...

i'll let you know if i find another details, i barely have a week with my new AX-73.  Thanks... 

Options
2023-12-19 22:17:34

GeorKhawam wrote

@Sunshine Thanks for your reply

Another things that could be corrected are some inconsistencies between the web interface and the Tether app, for example:

1.- In the web interface in wireless, appears the option:  mu-mimo / ofdma + mu-mimo / disable...  in the app ONLY appears mu-mimo to activate with a checkmark... 

2.- In the web interface in wireless, appears the option TWT to enable or disable with a checkmark...  in the app, TWT is missing totally...  

3.- In the web interface in wireless, don't let you choose width individually 40 / 80 / 160 MHz...  in the app you can do it, but when i select 160 MHz the router is lying and really is in 80MHz (does not obey what you select) 

4.- In the web interface in the wireless Guest wifi, you can fix a bandwidth limiter (Thanks for that Tp-Link !! ) , but in the app this option is missing and you can't control it..

(EDIT: ignore what i've crossed out, sorry,  the guest limiter in the app is present, but a little hidden)

Also the checkmark "allow guest to see each other" is missing in the app too...

5.- In the web interface, the QoS option is no more, now we can't see the data usage/consumption of each connected client,  (the real-time rate was moved to NetworkMap>Clients)...  the refresh time of the bandwidth use of each client is TOO high, i think it could refresh at least every 3 seconds without problems ( i have a tl-wr844n that does it every 1 second)...

i'll let you know if i find another details, i barely have a week with my new AX-73.  Thanks... 

@GeorKhawam 

Options
RE:IoT NETWORK FOR AX73
2024-01-04 23:30:34
please and thanks in advance for bring us this amazing device
Options
2024-03-29 15:50:53
popieram
Options
3 weeks ago

@GeorKhawam 

My expensive +200$ Archer AX73 in April 2024 still hasn't got an IOT Network feature..    Why a 40$ Archer C64 has had it since a long time ago ??  

Options
2 weeks ago
IoT devices are proliferating and the "IoT network" feature is needed to ensure network security.
Options
2 weeks ago

@BassMaster5 

Hi, the reason you need IoT network is for a separate SSID or isolate it from the main WiFi network?

Please note that IoT network in the TP-Link router is not isolated from the main network, for routers which don't support IoT network, you could consider using Guest Network as well which is also a different SSID, and provides an option to choose "Allow guests to access your local network" or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 431

Replies: 8

Voters 3