Deco X75 Pro and problem with IoT devices

2023-12-18 18:18:12
Model: Deco X75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.7 Buil 20231011 Rel.71327

I had a router (and a repeater) with several IoT devices running.

I have put the X75 Pro in Access Point mode, deactivating the WIFIs of the operator's router. Using 6Ghz as dedicated backhaul.

The 2.4 Ghz Wifi has the same SSID and has the same password as before, but now it is the Deco's IoT Wifi.

Before I had 2 PIR modules, an opening sensor, and a thermometer that connected without problems, but now they have not connected (as the rest of the devices I had have done without doing anything), but also, after deleting them from the application Smart Life, I can't add them, it doesn't detect them.

Obviously I connect the device where the Smart Life application is to the WIFI IoT.

Before, I had to deactivate the 5Ghz Wifi to leave only the 2.4Ghz one active to add them.

I have tried deactivating the 5 Ghz WIFI, and leaving the 2.4 Ghz (different SSID than the IoT) and the IoT WIFI, but it doesn't work either. I don't know how to deactivate the 'normal' Wi-Fi and leave only the IoT WIFI active.

Any suggestions?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X75 Pro and problem with IoT devices
2023-12-18 21:45:22

@Supremo is the 5ghz on 80mhz or 160 mhz? Try 80 if on 160. 

Options
2023-12-19 10:40:22

@Supremo 

Hi, 

"after deleting them from the application Smart Life, I can't add them, it doesn't detect them."

Do you mean the Smart Life App couldn't detect the two RIP modules?

I see it has mentioned two methods to add a device on the Smart Life App and have you tried both of them:

https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/user-manual-for-tuya-smart-v3177?id=K9obrofrfk4sk

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-12-27 11:32:27

@wesselkoning 

Yes, I tried, with no success

wesselkoning wrote

@Supremo is the 5ghz on 80mhz or 160 mhz? Try 80 if on 160. 

Options
2023-12-27 11:32:56

@David-TP 

Yes. The same result

Options
2023-12-27 11:39:22

@Supremo 

I have discovered that if I put it in Access Point mode, deactivate the 5Ghz and 80 Mhz bandwidth, it does add them, and they work. But then it is the carrier router (very bad) that works, which is not what I want.

If I put it in router mode, managing only the data VLAN, it stops working. They continue to appear in the Smart Life application, but they do not connect or give alerts. And if I delete them, in router mode I cannot add them.

The rest of the IoT devices work perfectly, I just have to keep my SSID and password in all cases.

Options
2024-03-06 22:33:37

@Supremo

I hope that you were able to solve your problems because I am waiting to receive a set of two new Deco X75 Pro, after having tested a X50

and I am affraided, as in your case, my IoT problem is not going to be solved do to the fact that both software are the same. If that is the

case it is a pitty because otherwise the routers function well, but in that case I have to go somewhere else. I am/was expecting a better

response from AI TP-link routers in this regard, and after using an excellent set of Taotronics mesh routers during several years.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 6

Related Articles